Forums 2004 FOT48 Information Archive 2004 Planning Meeting Flags on the 48 Planning Get-together

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • Author

You can camp at Lafayette year-round, but the facilities are only open for the summer season. It’s a “primitive” site the other times. I don’t know the details, or what it’s like, but there are several on the various boards who have stayed there in the winter.

Still, a place that’s really open might be better.

Jaytrek57

Perhaps over zealous.
        If anyone one is up for a informal “idea sharing” meeting over a couple of pints in the Boston area I would be up for that as well. Perhaps a Thursday night as not to interfere with week-end plans. I know, off the top of my head…of 300 hundred or so places (misspent youth). All open year round. 😉

Max–
        Feel like I am playing “Name That Icon.” Ok..I’m ready to stump you. Show me one waving a flag.

Peace.

Max

Flags we got! 😀

The “pint sharing over a couple of ideas”…or did I get that wrong…sounds cool. I work nights though, can we drink in the morning??

Greg

@Max wrote:

Max, you make me laugh. 😆

I added a new flag smiley to the forums. You can put it in you posts with this code:

:flag:

MtnMagic

A great afternoon laugh! Between the drink in the morning and the flag icon, it made a cold day, most warm. Thanks for the fun Max!

Lotsa flag waving this year, Greg. A wink and a waving flag, super. We’re getting right into it!

So let us talk up some ideas! Meet to discuss the FOT48 at the Hancock C.G, on the Kanc about 7 miles from 93. $18 a site, flush toilets, open all year. FMI:

http://www.campsnh.com/hancock.htm

SilentCal

Maybe it’s time to poll this out. I think Hancock is a good choice. It’s not too far from Lincoln, That way if the weather is lousy we can have someplace nearby to go. Plus there are lots of nearby hikes that people could go to on Sunday. (Indian Head is my idea). The huts would be a great idea if we were sure that everyone did not mind to hike in. Once we get a place to go, everything else will come together.

Great Idea Max :flag:

MtnMagic

Btw: at $18, you are allowed have a maximum of 8 people and 2 vehicles allowed per site. At the Hancock there 56 wooded sites, each with a picnic table, fireplace, and tent pad. I can bring some good logs. I could bring a half cord if I had a pick-up truck.

http://www.campsnh.com/hancock.htm

So let’s get down to it. Where to meet. Where to camp. I agree a poll may be best.

Frodo

I like the Hancock Campground idea. Great location, and if it rains we can spend the day at the Woodstock Inn discussing things over a few :beer:

SilentCal

I checked out the photo gallery for the Hancock Campground. Some of the sites are alongside the East Branch. mmmmm Sounds perfect to me.
                      It’s on a first come first serve basis. Will it be a problem to get a group of 20 or so to get sites near to each other? Plus the Woodstock Inn served us well the first time and if it is lousy out, I can certainly see us heading over there. :beer:

I say Hancock Campground, May 8th. With a general meeting coming to order around say 6 PM by the campfire.

Max

Sounds good to me. I’ll pencil in the date…hmm, in this computer age, I’m wondering if I even OWN a pencil! 😀

MtnMagic

We can get plenty of sites near each other. I’m sure it will not be a busy (campground full) weekend. Here’s the big question, I do not have a pickup truck, I will bring logs in my trunk. Can anyone else bring some big logs?!

MichaelJ

Hey, glad to hear the Hancock idea panned out! I’ll be there. I can’t help on the loggage, though, I don’t have a truck.

SilentCal

I don’t have a truck either but I’ll try to get as much firewood in my trunk as I can.
                              Should we send out an e-mail to everyone who participated in the event to see if they would like to come? I’d be willing to do this if everyone thinks it’s a good idea.

MichaelJ

I think that would be fine. Get not only some hard-core planners but some casual idea people in there. Or will too many voices make it difficult?

Frodo

I don’t see anything wrong with emailing everyone from last year to let them know about the May get together. We also should post a sticky with all of the details, once everything is finalized. So the date is May 8th, with some day hikes planned, then a 6:00pm discussion time around the campfire? One thing I just noticed, May 9th is Mother’s Day, so I will have to leave around sunrise to make sure I am home early, otherwise I risk suffering the “wrath of the little woman”. :angry:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
                                • The topic ‘Flags on the 48 Planning Get-together’ is closed to new replies.