Forums 2004 FOT48 Information Archive 2004 Planning Meeting Flags on the 48 Planning Get-together

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
      #46822 |

Granted we could still continue to do all of the planning for this event via this board but it has been suggested that we hold a get-together to brainstorm ideas for the future success of the event. I think this is a great idea and I’d like to submit May 8th at Lafayette Campground. The 8th is a Saturday and we could get a cluster of sites booked and have a group meeting by the campfire. Please post if you are interested in attending and any ideas or suggestions you may have. It would be nice if we could get a turnout like we had at the Mooseland Grill. :beer:

MichaelJ

I’m in, and this time I’ll be there on time. If I come up with any new suggestions beyond what I’ve already offered in other threads, I’ll come back with another post. Right now I’m just trying to soothe my aching quads…
        🙂

MtnMagic

You can most definitely can count on us. Heck, I’ll bring extra food, tons of firewood, many ideas, and plenty of energy. (Not to cut this fine winter short, but is it May, yet!) Can’t wait — it’ll be a blast.

Max

Barring death or excessive taxes, I can make it too.

Stephen

Yup, I’ll be there, barring wife or excessive children. :blink:

Jaytrek57

All this talk of “bars” is making me thirsty! 😉

Jaytrek57

Did not want to start a new post…and figured this is a good a place as any.

To all the veterans of WWII and especially Pearl Harbor…here’s to you today!

62 years ago today. December 7, 1941. Never forget!

Frodo

I’ll be there…

One of the things that we can discuss is a launch date. Memorial Day certainly seems appropriate.

If the weekend ends up with rain (as Michael mentioned in a earlier thread) we could always spend our time planning things under a dry roof with pints keeping our spirits high…

ken

i would like to come and meet some of the other participants (the only other i have met so far is from n.kinsman) – may 8th sounds like a good date for a meeting since the bugs aren’t flying yet – – – – – as much as i would like to cover s.kinsman again for flags on the 48 2004 (a great mountain with great views and also my 115th 4000 footer)… i think that since saturday is 9/11 in 2004 i should make sure new yorks highpoint is covered, but i will come over to NH late saturday if anything is going on saturday evening or sunday morning – – – – – but i do hope to be in NH for flags on the 48 2005 to do s.kinsman saturday and go to cover mt. marcy, NY sunday.

MichaelJ

Did anyone mention this before? I think one advantage we’ll gain this year is that we won’t be conflicting with the VFTT Gathering. which occupies a lot of area hikers. I believe it is to be the following weekend in 2004. I’ll keep an eye out.

SilentCal

Is anyone going to the VFTT winter gathering at the Wolanconet Cabin near Tamworth? That might be a good place to spread the word around. Also is Lafayette campground open that early in the season?

MichaelJ

I’ll be there. I’ll see what I can do to hype it up, maybe bring along the mission statement from last year and possibly a printed photo montage to drum up initial interest.

Stephen

Just bumping this up because I’m getting exicted about camping again… Igot a zero bag and a new tent for Christmas, and I’m getting a frame pack for my birthday!

-T

mtnclimber

I would love to attend….i would love to add ideas but i will need more information.I am always looking to spend more time in the mountains and am willing to make more time especially for a good cause…..PLease fill me in…Amy

MichaelJ

Welcome, Amy!

At this point, things are kind of in a “watch this space” state – if you read back through this thread, you’ll see that we’re going to do an initial planning session in May. But a lot of information and ideas have been tossed around in various threads here in the Flags on the 48 forum, and I’d encourage you to read them at your leisure to get an idea of what we’re trying to do with the event for the coming September.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
                                • The topic ‘Flags on the 48 Planning Get-together’ is closed to new replies.