Forums Flags on the 48 Information General Discussion Flags on the 48 Patches

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author

Frodo—

Can you put me down for 8 and bill me for 16 (donation).

There was 6 in our group and two in another that I would like to buy for them.

I’ll mark their arrival date on my new calendar….oh wait..that hasn’t been resolved yet.

What day is it again? 😮

smitty77

Frodo,
        Put me down for 3 patches. E-mail me at Hotmix77@hotmail.com with instructions as to where you would like payment sent.

Thanks,
        Smitty

Little Bear

Frodo – I’ll take one and since there isn’t a year on it, I also want one to give to Deb and Dan from last year.

Max

Frodo, put me down for 4 as well. And you can email me maxpower717@yahoo.com for the mailing address and send me payment details. Plus I’ll pay for Smitty77’s patches and you can send his to me as well, to cut down on the mailing headaches. My son is NOT paying for his patches! 😀

Max

SilentCal

I’d like to be put down for two patches. You can get my mailing information here at Calesta@aol.com and just let me know how much I owe. Thanks

SilentCal

Stupid moron that i am here is my correct email —> Caltesta@aol.com

Frodo

The patches are now officially on order. I left off the year so that people from last year, who did not participate this year, can also use them. I am also not accepting any donations for these patches, but I do thank everyone for offering. The people who participate in this event are top notch! You donate your time, energy, and sweat to haul a flag and a pole up a mountain and you do it all for remembrance. A cause that can never be forgotten. There should be more people in this great nation like you (too many take it for granted). You rock!

Those of you who have contacted me, expect your patches to arrive in the mail in 3 weeks.

Those of you who personaly know me (and as I think about it, are quite a few), I will give you your patches personally, several of you at work :D, and a few of you on our upcoming Katahdin trip.

We can never forget Sept 11, and we hope to see you all with flags flying high next year…

On every mountain side, let freedom ring….

rbhayes

Frodo – I wrote you for 4 patches, but forgot about the two dogs in our group who now have their own packs – can I get two more for them? Ane please let us pay for them! Bob & Geri at rbhayes@tiac.net

PS – the idea about a planning get together in 6 months is great!

MtnMagic

Frodo: Won’t you kindly take donations to pay for a new flags website, to help defray the cost of the patches, and have some capital to buy flags, poles, and perhaps to buy calenders that I’m sure the participants would purchase and have a few for sale at the Mtn Wanderer, et al. It a great idea for the future.

I also think the idea of meeting in 6 months to brainstorm the next event is important and most necessary.

Stephen

@MtnMagic wrote:

Frodo: Won’t you kindly take donations to pay for a new flags website, to help defray the cost of the patches, and have some capital to buy flags, poles, and perhaps to buy calenders that I’m sure the participants would purchase and have a few for sale at the Mtn Wanderer, et al. It a great idea for the future.

I also think the idea of meeting in 6 months to brainstorm the next event is important and most necessary.

I made the suggesstion to a couple people that a non-profit charitable group be setup so that money could be collected without tax implications… but the idea was killed for fear of losing the grass-roots nature of the event.

However I still suggest (and this may already be playing into Frodo’s thinking) that we avoid passing money around without this shelter in place. It only takes one disgruntled person to complain to the media and/or the IRS that money is changing hands and a whole lotta bad PR comes down.

That’s my 2-cents worth (tax-free, I hope…) 🙄

-T

Greg

@the8re wrote:

However I still suggest (and this may already be playing into Frodo’s thinking) that we avoid passing money around without this shelter in place. It only takes one disgruntled person to complain to the media and/or the IRS that money is changing hands and a whole lotta bad PR comes down.

Yes. Agreed. I’d rather keep discussions of donations, etc. off the boards as well, please.

LOMU

the8re wrote:

Yes. Agreed. I’d rather keep discussions of donations, etc. off the boards as well, please.

I concur. Anything making this look like a buisness would in the end make us all look like 4 star a$$ holes.

Al

😀 😀 😀 Got our patches over the weekend. Well done!! :beer:

Thanks so much for doing this for everyone, it is MUCH appreciated.

Al and CT Trampers

MtnMagic

We also received ours. Thank you Frodo and to all who participated.

MichaelJ

I just got mine as well – they look fantastic! Well done, and an excellent reminder of what we all did last month.

Now to figure out how to get it onto the pack….
                                  😀

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
                                • The topic ‘Flags on the 48 Patches’ is closed to new replies.