Forums Flags on the 48 Information General Discussion Flags on the 48 Patches

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
      #46809 |

Little Bear had a wonderful idea of giving patches to all of the participants. I am going to have some made and will send them free of charge to anyone who wants one. Just send me an email at (hiker2112@aol.com) or private message from this site, with your name and mailing address and qty.

I will post artwork ideas in this forum as soon as I can, and everyone can make suggestions to get us to come up with just the right patch. Then I will place an order and should have them in about 3-4 weeks.

MtnMagic

Yes, Little Bear has a great idea. For you to offer them to the participants is most generous. Wow! Super!!

:beer:

SilentCal

The patch is a fantastic idea. I have a friend who is an artist who can maybe draw something up. I think that i’ll need to know the space to work with though.

Frodo

SilentCal,

It’s about 2×3 inches (can be slightly bigger though). I have a basic concept set up, but the main clip art I have is in Mac and I have PC…

Any Mac users out there?????

SilentCal

I talked to my friend and he said he’d be happy to do it. He threw this out at me. Granted this is a suggestion. An oval patch with a large 48. the top of the 4 is shaped like a mountain with a flag flying from it. Along the border on top “Flags on the 48” is written in with maybe the web address on the bottom or “we shall never forget”. I have absolutely zero PC skills but I’ll have him draw it up this week and post the design.

Jayne

pretty cool idea about the patch. What about a small flag (9″ x 12″ or bigger) that we could have sticking out of packs and then tie onto the flagpole on the top…. More exposure maybe? I like the sounds of your buddies design Silentcal… let’s see it!

Frodo

I posted an idea for a patch here: http://community.webshots.com/user/frodo2112

Just click on it to view it in “gigantic size”. The quality of the grahics are not that great due to translation, but the concept is there. Please post your thoughts…

Every color we add costs alot more $$$, so we need to keep them to a min. I figured the most appropriate would be red, white and blue. One as a base material and 2 as stitching colors.

Anyone else who has some ideas, definitely post them. Lets work together to come up with something that best represents the Flags on the 48.

Stephen

Getting the following error at that URL:

Webshots Community Error
                    A problem has been detected.

You do not appear to be the owner of this album.
                    Make sure you are logged in.

Frodo

Thats strange, when I click on it I go right to it. I wonder if it is because of my IP address. I do have the preferences set to “public viewing”

I also just posted it to the Mt Jefferson pics http://forums.alpinezone.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album58&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
                      everyone can definitely see it there. I wish that I could just post it here like a large emoticon.

Greg

Here you go. I resized it down a bit so it would’nt whack out the thread:

Hint: Img tag…

Max

Ahh, I see the problem Frodo! For future use on anything at webshots, you need to post the link like this:

http://community.webshots.com/user/xxxxxxxx

with the xxxxxxxx replaced by your webshots user name. The link you posted is for your own editing of your albums but no one else can access the albums via that link.

And I like that patch. Looks pefect! If the cost runs higher than you expected, or even if it doesn’t, I’d be more than happy to contribute to it’s production.

Max

MichaelJ

Those are *very* cool. I’m definitely in (I’ll email you, Frodo).

Do we want to have “2003” on there to be year-specific, or just go with the general case of participation in the event?

I’d also be happy to help subsidize.

Stephen

Just a thought… instead of 9-11 Memorial Hike, what do people think of “Let Freedom Ring” instead?

Be gentle… 🙂

-T

SilentCal

I’m willing to chip in as well. I should get another design by saturday and hopefully i can figure out how to post it. I do like the design above however but I like the tag-line 9-11 Memorial hike better. I think we need to remember the root-cause of us being out there.

Another thought. A calender with the 12 best flag photos and the Original Flag on Mt. Liberty Photo as the cover. Maybe we could see if we could sell some at The Mountain Wanderer. Just a thought…

MtnMagic

I view this design in awe. Since we plan to have this event every year, my feeling is to keep the patch design, just have a year change. That way most of us will have many patches for each year participated. You have my vote.

How do you feel about this? Please share your thoughts.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
                                • The topic ‘Flags on the 48 Patches’ is closed to new replies.