Forums 2006 Flags on the 48 2006 Planning Meeting 2006 Planning Weekend/Gathering

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author

Tell ’em we definitely want the island as we did last year for tentsites (and it may perhaps spill out a bit.)

Jaytrek57

Chris,Chris,Chris….

Ye of little logistical faith. 😉

I reconfirmed with Darlene (via phone) less than 15 minutes ago.

We are all set.

We have the island. $9.00 per person (reduced rate). Check in and pay when you get there. Mention you are with the flags event.

Chris, I confirmed you have site #17 for the camper as well.

Chris, I think in her note, Darlene wanted to know if you wanted a tent site (island) in addition to site #17.

All is well in Flagdom.

Peace.

On a similar…but different manner. Anyone have anyway of putting a “FOT48” letterhead together for us? I would like to put something together (Thank you letter) for Broken Branch and frame it.

Peace part II

MichaelJ

I will try and whip something together tonight or more likely Sunday night from last year’s flyers, since it really just means rearranging the graphics and removing all the text.

SilentCal

Good to see this ironed out. That’s a very good idea Jaytrek about the Thank You’s. We might want to let them know we are thinking about the campground as a post gathering place. Perhaps they can make some of the logistics a little easier for us.

I know of two campground review sites that I plan to post a review of our weekend. They are giving us lots of room and a great price.

Micheal, do you have any of the placards and business cards? We might as well leave one in the Mountain Wanderer after the weekend. Also, Mt Liberty Cabins said they would put one in their office for over the summer. Maybe one for the KOA as well?

MichaelJ

Cards I’ll have to check at home; placards I have, but just changed by me to say 2006, not the full set of text edits that have been made.

MtnMagic

SC, I’ll place some placards at all the hiking and outfitter stores up here.

MJ, your fot48 business cards last year were superb! I can’t wait to see what you design for the letterheads. When you design this year’s business cards kindly make an overlay of each color. Someone I know wants to contribute many for each of us to pass out.

Jay, thank you! Can’t wait to get in some games.

Chris, relax and enjoy, lets go hiking!

Chris

Magic and Jay,

No worries boys, just making sure all is well. No panic here, honest!

I like the letterhead idea too. Michael, if you find you don’t have the time, let me know. I have Adobe PageMaker, it creates some awesome stuff and can create the overlays/screens that Magic is talking about.

MichaelJ

So the only cards I have leftover from last year list last year’s event date on them. I can bring them if anyone wants to sit with a pen and correct them. 🙂

I copied the stuff to make the letterhead from the big Mac to the iBook so I can work on it in any free time I get. I’ll have something, no worries.

I can do 4-color separations of the cards, too, but what I don’t know is what format a card maker wants. The ones I’ve done are just in OpenOffice.

MtnMagic

This will be high speed press printing. Each color on a seperate page and of the same proportion. If you can have it for this weekend, several 1000 will be printed and distributed to each of the peak coodinators!

MichaelJ

I probably cannot have it for this weekend. I would need to know more details, like do I lay out 8 cards on one 8-1/2×11 sheet, just lay out one card, that sort of thing?

MtnMagic

It’s the standard color separation used in commercial printing. Each succeeding color on a different page is overlaid over the preceeding one until the copy is complete.

MichaelJ

The separation I understand; it’s the layout for business cards I don’t know how to do.

Plus, no idea what digital format they would want.

Hopefully the answers to these can be provided to me this weekend by the person doing the printing?

MtnMagic

The printer won’t be there, the contributer will. If you can bring 2 of last year’s cards, that may work with this years text.

I thought the layout for last year’s cards was superb!

Chris

Hey all,
                                The forecast is for rain showers this weekend!
                                :beer:

For anyone that’s confused by that comment, every year that we’ve had the planning meeting it rained and the FOT48 Event for that year has had exceptional weather.

MtnMagic

I don’t mind showers. It’s constant pouring rain that bothers me. Glad it’ll be off and on. Cal is bringing a tarp, maybe two. If you’re bringing some hardwood, I’m bring my hatchet and firesuit! 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
                                • The forum ‘2006 Planning Meeting’ is closed to new topics and replies.