Forums 2006 Flags on the 48 2006 Planning Meeting 2006 Planning Weekend/Gathering

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author
      #47267 |

Just want to throw out a date of May 20th for our annual planning weekend/Gathering. Last year’s meeting was held around the same time and I think it went quite well. I also would like to nominate the KOA campground in Woodstock again for our camping place. They gave us a great deal last year and the campground is very clean and showers are close by.

Feel free to nominate other dates and or locations. I think it would be a good idea to hammer down these details by the first week in April so folks can make plans.

Chris

I’d like to nominate SilentCal as Grand Poobah of this year’s meeting as well. Oh yeah, I agree on the site and date, they look excellent.

Pucknuts

I second the nomination….and have penciled in the date!

What are we climbing that weekend anyway?

SilentCal

Glad you can make it again Bill! I’m not really sure what we’ll climb that weekend. I’m up for anything. I really enjoyed the group hike up Garfield. Chris, do you have a 4000 footer you need to get in that area?

Chris

I’d like to hit Eisenhower, but there are a couple others that certainly look good! The Kinsmans, and I’ve never actually hit Mt. Lincoln…

MtnMagic

May 20th at the KOA sounds good to me — it’s Armed Forces Day!

Up Falling Waters Trail to Little Haystack, across the Franconia Ridge to Mts Lincoln, then on to Mt Lafayette and down Old Bridle Trail makes a fantastic loop. One of my favorite hikes with spectacular 360* views. It is 8.9 miles with a 3900′ elevation gain. We could gaze at the views for hours!

Of course I’m in on any hike, any where.

MichaelJ

That date works for me as well. The only potential conflict is that the 21st is the BTS Ride for Research, but I’m not planning on riding this year so it would only be an issue for others.

Sherpa John

The topic has been discussed elsewhere, but I just wanted to lend a heads up that the rocksontop.com gathering will be held the same weekend and at the same location. Your all welcome to join in our festivities if we don;t simply combine both.

SJ :flag:

MichaelJ

I plan to be a part of both!

dirt_girl

I will not be able to make the May 20 planning meeting! 😮
                        The weekend before that would be great!!! It’s a full moon… great time for a night hike???
                        Would love to join in with Sherpa John’s band of merry peeps :beer:
                        however… I have my final home show in Fryburg on the weekend of the 19 through the 21…
                        The weekend after the 20th works for me too. 😀

dirt_girl

SilentCal

Weekend before is Mother’s day, Lots of people would miss that.

Weekend after is a little thing called Memorial Day weekend.

Such a shame you can make it 😥 . We’ll make sure to nominate you for some oddball tasks.

milesmountain

May 20th sounds great! And the location will work, since it will be close to my mug at the Woodstock Inn. :beer:

Have we decided on a date for the hike?

-Miles

SilentCal

Hello again Miles!

If your talking about the Planning meeting hike, it’s May 20th, and it’s up in the air what everyone is doing.

Flags on the 48 2006 is on September 9th 2006. Hope you and your group can make it again.

milesmountain

Hi SilentCal!

Thanks for the info!

I hope to make it to the meeting and we’re planning on the hike for Sept. 9th!

Pucknuts

Hey SilentCal,

It looks like the APA Conference is the 20th – 25th and I’m gonna miss the planning meeting….and the hikes….and the fire….and the good times.
                                  ** sniff**

Bill

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
                                • The forum ‘2006 Planning Meeting’ is closed to new topics and replies.