Forums 2006 Flags on the 48 2006 Planning Meeting 2006 Planning Weekend/Gathering

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author

I’m starting to hear more people who can’t make it the weekend of the 20th, plus there’s the conflict with SherpaJohn’s group.

Just throwing it out there, should we consider a weekend in early June? Maybe the 10th?

SilentCal

Sorry to hear you can’t make it Bill. Your input will be missed. I KNOW you’ll be there for the event with an impressive display as always.

I don’t think we’ll need to reschedule. Most people have already penciled this on their calanders and some would have a hard time switching. I don’t think there will be much conflict with SherpaJohn’s group at all. I feel quite the opposite. Having some new blood rotate into the meeting every year is good for the event. I have great promise for the planning meeting.

MtnMagic

Don’t panic! Go with the flow (the new blood). It’ll work perfectly!

vpalango

I’ll be there with another Scoutmaster and some boys from the leadership of Troop 131. I look forward to meeting everyone. We still need to figure out if we will stay at the KOA, or if we will camp at one of the National Park sites.

See you then.

ken

>>I’m starting to hear more people who can’t make it the weekend of the 20th<<
              i was planning on coming, but now you can add me to the list that can’t make it too – – i just got an e-mail that “cops on top” is trying to do something that has never been done before (summit all 50 states on the same day) since they can’t get to some summits on 9-11 because of the weather, they chose police memorial day (may 20th)and they have 42 covered so far (and there is almost 2 months left so it is possible that it will get done) – – if a lot can’t make it to the meeting on the 20th (as stated earlier on this thread) maybe it could be a week or 2 earlier (the biting black flies usually start showing up in the valleys the week before memorial day anyway)…

Jaytrek57

I confirmed with KOA today that our group is more than welcome to stay there again. I told them that we will be there Saturday, May 20. I plan on being up there the Friday before.

We once again, will be tenting at the “island”, off to the right, if you are facing the office. Please pay when you get there and mention that you are with the Flags event.

If possible, please bring some firewood if you have it, don’t worry if you don’t. I think bring your own food worked well last year and folks were more than happy to share as well.

Magic, my dog Jackson hole is anxious to see Ghostdog again and please do not worry about it…they are best friends. Also, I have set aside 9 hours to at least attempt to give you a game in chess.

Cal–I have ordered a gavel to help you with your faciltation duties. 😆

Can’t wait.

SilentCal

Thanks for doing this Jaytrek!

I think that the island worked great for everyone last year. Bathrooms and showers are really close by along with a camp store to get things you might have forgotten. (I do know they do NOT carry tent poles) 😆 If I’m not mistaken there is a large tent behind the pool area. I don’t remember it being up during last years planning meeting but I remember it during the event weekend. If the weather looks lousy, I’ll bring a large tarp that I have. I have two large totes of kindling wood already cut to bring up for that weekend.
                  Thanks for the gaval. I’ll be banging it around 6:30 on Saturday. Cathie and I will be there on Friday night as well.

Stephen

Looks like if I make it at all, I won’t be there until 6:30 on Saturday. Wife’s cousin is getting married on the 20th.

Save a spot for me, please. I’ll at least come spend the night.

-Stephen

Sherpa John

Thanks Jay and Cal.

The folks from Rocks on Top will be having our first ever gathering this same weekend, and I am sure many are anxious to join in with their input for this fantastic event. Heck.. many of them are all ready previous FOT48 planners.

See you all there!

MichaelJ

I’m back online and yes, I’ll be there, arriving Friday late afternoon/evening, group hike Saturday, meeting Saturday night, either group hike or own thing Sunday.

I’ll take minutes again this year and send them out to everyone afterward.

MtnMagic

Just two weekends until the big gathering. I’m sure looking forward to talking and meeting everyone. We’ll be there Friday afternoon. Chess, cribbage, canasta, campfires, and hiking. Life is good!

Puck

I got an email a week or so ago about this meeting. I was holding out hopeing my schedule will break. No such luck. I can’t make it this year.

Best of luck. The FOTF tradition is in the hands of very capable, very dedicated custodians.

SilentCal

I do hope Puck, that you’ll be able do the event. September 9th. Mark your calendars!

MtnMagic

A mere 10 days away. God, I just can’t wait! I’ll bet there will be 50 of us brainstorming ideas during the weekend this year. How wonderful! Looking forward to seeing all of you again!! Woo doggie, and we get to hike during the day AND have campfires at night too!!

Chris

@Jaytrek57 wrote:

I confirmed with KOA today that our group is more than welcome to stay there again. I told them that we will be there Saturday, May 20. I plan on being up there the Friday before.

We once again, will be tenting at the “island”, off to the right, if you are facing the office. Please pay when you get there and mention that you are with the Flags event.

Jay, I just got the following reply from the KOA:

Hello
                                  We have you in that site for that weekend, all we need is a cc # to confirm.
                                  Darlene
                                  Are we suppose to reserve the tent sites across from you as well?Darlene

Original Message

To: bbkoa1@adelphia.net
                                  Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:45 PM
                                  Subject: Reservation for 5/19-5/20

I’d like to make a reservation for the weekend of 5/19. I’m with the Flags on the 48 group, but I have camper, so I’d like to reserve #17 or similar (we did this last year). We need both Friday 5/19 and Saturday 5/20, leaving Sunday 5/21. Please let me know what I need to provide.

Thanks,
                                  Chris Oberg
                                  chris@hike-nh.com

This concerns me. I followed up with a note telling them we thought they were earmarking the “island” for our group, I haven’t heard back.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
                                • The forum ‘2006 Planning Meeting’ is closed to new topics and replies.