Forums 2005 Flags on the 48 2005 Planning Meeting 2005 Planning Weekend: May 21-22

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author

I too had computer major issues.
      I finished about an hour ago. All have been re-formatted and are ready for Monday morning.
      But, I have missed the meeting and seeing everyone 😥

I hope the weather was good and I’m sure a good time was had.

Just in case anyone wants to do it again, I’m planning on making up for it next weekend 🙂

Chris

The weather for hiking Saturday was excellent, but the skies opened up once we all got back to the Broken Branch. A good time was definitely had, beverages were consumed, some business was discussed and a daresay a few new friends made. Looking forward to the notes and new posts from the meeting! There were a lot of good ideas thrown around.

MtnMagic

We started to arrive at 2pm on Friday afternoon, setting up camp, later having dinner, and in the evening enjoying the big campfire, courtesy of the firewood donated by SilentCal. During the day Saturday, the easy hike up to the summit of Mt Garfield, completed an hour under book time by our group, saw spectacular views of the Pemi Wilderness and far beyond.

Even two dogs within our group played most spiritedly all weekend at the campground and on the summit. Another dozen eager participants arrived to join us for the Saturday night planning discussion for the 2005 Flags on the 48 Event, now in our 4th year, to be launched on Sunday, September 11th.

SilentCal’s huge tarp keep the group dry as the rain fell and organized the meeting superbly. MichaelJ added a spare tarp and was keep busy writing the meeting minutes. Frodo and Chris brought the much needed firewood, which keep the group toasty warm. Vickie cooked us pounds of vegetables, and everyone else, 18 campers plus 3 visitors, joined various committees while contributing many very different and wonderful ideas.

Sunday morning’s rain convinced about half of the participants to eat at Peg’s Place for breakfast. Good fellowship was had by all throughout the weekend as we met old and made new friends. It was truly a circle of friends and camping as the layout of our weekend area was over an acre in an oval shape “Island”. I’m certain we will do this again. Thank you all for sharing and for the superb weekend!

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
        • The forum ‘2005 Planning Meeting’ is closed to new topics and replies.