Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Gwright74
    Participant
    Post count: 8
    in reply to: Passaconaway #61520

    Trail runners! oh no… not us. We have one billy goat but we usually keep her in check. 🙂

    We decided to meet at the trail head at 730. See you then!

    Gwright74
    Participant
    Post count: 8
    in reply to: Passaconaway #61516

    Let me check with them about the time and let you know. Def meet at trail head. Since my last posting I have managed to tweak my knee so maybe having extra time to get up to the top is not a bad idea.

    Do you have rope to secure the pole to the surrounding trees?If not, I can swing in to the hardware store today/tonight. Let me know.

    Thanks,
    Greta

    • This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Gwright74.
    Gwright74
    Participant
    Post count: 8
    in reply to: Passaconaway #61453

    Hello!

    I still do have the retractable pole. It is for a tree saw so I think that will work. My husband says we can get the flag on it with rope or rope ties. If anyone has any rope to secure the pole to surrounding trees, that would help.

    We also have a flag, too, but if you want to bring yours we can compare them at the Ferncroft parking lot and make a game day decision on which one to bring up.

    I am so pleased to hear that you are bringing your dog! My crew is dog friendly and will be bringing one or two of our own. Very friendly, experienced trail dogs. Should make for a nice pack.

    As far as the time, 7/715 seems a bit early to me but will defer to the group.

    Thanks for reaching out!

    Greta

    Gwright74
    Participant
    Post count: 8
    in reply to: Mount Tom #55852

    We are heading up! See you up there. Multi peaks will be weather dependent but def hoping to summit Tom.

    Gwright74
    Participant
    Post count: 8
    in reply to: Mount Tom #55850

    Hey Candace –
    My group has everything covered for the flag. However, people are skeptical of the weather. We are going to look at the forecast in the morning and make a last minute decision. Sorry to be so wishy washy but different sites have different weather outlooks. Some having 100 mph wind gusts have people backing out.

    Will post very early in the AM the final decision. : (

    Mother nature is certainly in charge, isn’t she.

    Greta

    Gwright74
    Participant
    Post count: 8
    in reply to: Mount Tom #55848

    For ethe hike tomorrow we should meet at the trail head which is at the Crawford Notch Depot on route 302 between 8 and 8:30. This should have us at the summit a bit before noon. Fingers crossed with the weather. Right now looks pretty gross.

    Gwright74
    Participant
    Post count: 8
    in reply to: Mount Tom #55847

    Hi Candace –

    Still have not heard from the peak coordinators. They have till tonight I think but we have planned just in case. We have the flag and are working on a way to fly it. never done this before so going to rig up something with PVC piping, rope and good old fashioned duct tape. 🙂

    I think we are starting at 8 AM but will post for sure the plans tomorrow once we give the PC time to respond.

    Look forward to meeting you!

    greta

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)