Gwright74ParticipantSeptember 7, 2016 at 9:58 pmPost count: 8
Hello there –
Wondering if the PC has any thoughts on the plans for Mount Tom this weekend? There is a group of us doing this together and are going to try to get a few other peaks bagged this same day. Thinking of starting at 8 AM with Mount Tom at the Ripley Falls parking lot off of 302, raising the flag from 12 to 2, lowering the flag and then traversing over for Willey and Field. We would stash cars at the other end of the hike for getting us back to the trail head.
We currently do not have plans for rigging the flag. Happy to get the materials together to do it but could use some advice.
Look forward to hearing from you!
Gretadanandfle@yahoo.comSeptember 8, 2016 at 6:21 pmPost count: 3
We are interested in details as well. My Husband, Nephew and I will be climbing Sunday!
CandaceGwright74ParticipantSeptember 9, 2016 at 8:23 pmPost count: 8
Hi Candace –
Still have not heard from the peak coordinators. They have till tonight I think but we have planned just in case. We have the flag and are working on a way to fly it. never done this before so going to rig up something with PVC piping, rope and good old fashioned duct tape. 🙂
I think we are starting at 8 AM but will post for sure the plans tomorrow once we give the PC time to respond.
Look forward to meeting you!
gretaGwright74ParticipantSeptember 10, 2016 at 3:44 pmPost count: 8
For ethe hike tomorrow we should meet at the trail head which is at the Crawford Notch Depot on route 302 between 8 and 8:30. This should have us at the summit a bit before noon. Fingers crossed with the weather. Right now looks pretty firstname.lastname@example.orgSeptember 10, 2016 at 3:54 pmPost count: 3
We were trying to figure a way to fly with PVC as well and also have a flag. It sounds as though you have it under control.
We are interested in traversing the 3 with you and your group as well. We will meet you at the Crawford Notch Depot. Will you already have a vehicle at the other end?
If the weather is too bad they may postpone to next Sunday.
CandaceGwright74ParticipantSeptember 11, 2016 at 12:27 amPost count: 8
Hey Candace –
My group has everything covered for the flag. However, people are skeptical of the weather. We are going to look at the forecast in the morning and make a last minute decision. Sorry to be so wishy washy but different sites have different weather outlooks. Some having 100 mph wind gusts have people backing out.
Will post very early in the AM the final decision. : (
Mother nature is certainly in charge, isn’t she.
Gretadanandfle@yahoo.comSeptember 11, 2016 at 12:52 amPost count: 3
We understand. We are going regardless of weather and will just do a later start then, probably at 9am. We’ll bring our own flag just in case. Hope the weather holds out and we see you there.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.