Forums 2004 FOT48 Information Archive 2004 Post-Event Gathering Where do we go this year?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I think we will have quite the crowd this year due to the fact that the signups got such a great response. We should get a rough head count of the persons that are going and get that number to the place we are hoping to go. I’d vote Mooseland because it’s more centrally located and the back room was roomy. If we chose Mooseland they would remember us from last year and staff accordingly. We could just ask if we could hold that back area for us. That way everyone would know that everyone in the room was a Flags participant. Plus the Molson’s were very cold last year! :beer:

rbhayes

In talking to the owners of the campground we are staying at this weekend in Twin Mountain they made three suggestions.

1. The people that own the Mooseland Grill also own a place by the Maplewood Country club in Bethleham. They suggested calling the Mooseland and asking for Dawn (owner)

2. Fabian Station across the street from Bretonwood ski area

3 Truants in Woodstock – they apparantly have a large room on the 2nd floor for functions.

dirt_girl

I will be in Twin Mountain, Mooseland area. Hiking Zealand and now that the road isn’t closed and I have my first hiking companion (always room for more) I suspect I’ll be down in time for a beer and story time. Being the newbee, I look forward to meeting all of you that I have been reading postings from for months now. Very excited to be a part of this….. dirt_girl

MichaelJ

Just a note – I did West Bond last year, left the summit a bit early (1:30) due to incoming weather, booked it all the way back to the Zealand trailhead, and still got there after a lot of the crowd had already left.

But I’m sure many of us will still be there. Which reminds me, I need to reserve my motel room. I’m not driving home after this and my camping gear will all be packed for a long weekend in the Catskills the following week.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • The topic ‘Where do we go this year?’ is closed to new replies.