Forums 2004 FOT48 Information Archive 2004 Post-Event Gathering Where do we go this year?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
      #46848 |

Time to start talking about this year’s post event… :beer: :dunce:

Where do we go this year? Post your suggestions, and I’ll create a poll for us to choose from.

-Stephen

NH_Mtn_Hiker

While I don’t have a particular place in mind. I would guess that the majority of us live south of the White Mtns. So it would seem that the Lincoln area might be more practical, especially for those who will be :flag: in the southern White mtns.

SilentCal

We retired to the Woodstock Inn in Lincoln two years ago and the Mooseland Grill last year. People are coming from many different directions and at all different times so I would tend to suggest something in the Twin Mountain area. Also we should think of a group photo time. Some folks left before we took the photo and some arrived after. I would be nice to get as many people as we could this time.

Stephen

Shamus on the AMC board made an excellent post on places to eat/gather:

FOOD DUMP

-Stephen

MichaelJ

As long as it’s a place that will hold a large amount of space or a room for us. It’s not the same if we get spread around the place.

MtnMagic

Other than the Beacon which really is no atmosphere for hikers, there just aren’t many places with the capacity to hold 40 or 50 of us in addition to the regular “Saturday night crowd.”

Woodstock Inn and Mooseland Grill are the only large places with a roof I can think of and I live in the Whites. Fresolone’s has lots of outdoor tables and chairs but no room inside in case it rains.

Any ideas you readers have, please pass them along.

TenPeaks

I vote for either Moat Mountain or the Woodstock Inn. Nothing beats freshly brewed beer!!!

MtnMagic

The Moats are great for hiking. Anyone wish to do the loop soon?

For eats and drinks, my vote is for the Mooseland Grill, or the Woodstock Inn.

Any more ideas?!

TenPeaks

Actually, the Moat Mountain I was referring to was Moat Mountain Brewpub and Inn. Great BBQ food! The real Moat Mountains are awesome too. I did the North Moat loop last year on a great day. This year I hiked South and Middle Moat on a cloudy damp day with no views.

pedxing

Woodstock Inn works best for me, but since I wasn’t at Mooseland last year I am wondering which of the two worked better for the group.

Greg

Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ll be able to attend a post-flags gathering. Since opportunities to hike with my brother are somewhat limited these days, we are going to do a multi-day backpack or basecamping trip around the flags event. Chances are I’ll be camped out somewhere in the Pemi after flagging South Twin. I will be there in spirit though and I’m glad to have had an opportunity to meet some of you at the planning meeting.

Max

I think the Mooseland will be a lot less crowded than the Woodstock Inn. Last year was cool, how about we contact them and give an ETA so that they know we’re coming. Didn’t it happen that way last year?

Frodo

I thought that the Mooseland last year was 5X better than the Woodstock Inn the previous year (too crowded, had the Highland games going on). The Mooseland is big, economical, and also serves Guiness draft :beer:

Jayne

If we are going to a bar, Mooseland was far better than Woodstock Tavern, mostly because we were all in one room at Mooseland. If we give them a heads up, perhaps they could have an extra waitperson and/or bartender on though. Otherwise,It would be nice if a ski area was willing to open up the bar and outdoor grill and just pay as you go. Have a limited menu. Has anyone checked into Cannon Mt? If not, I am willing to look into it. Little more laid back, the deck is right in front of the bar along side the grill…what else can you ask for.

MichaelJ

Greg just had checked with several ski areas; however, they all would treat it as an event (like a wedding reception) with payment up front, etc., so we nixed the idea.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • The topic ‘Where do we go this year?’ is closed to new replies.