Forums 2005 Flags on the 48 2005 Trips & Routes South Twin

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
      #47105 |

The croo from South Twin (currently myself, Brownie, and my son Nick) are planning on staying at Galehead Hut for the night of the 10th.
      Anyone wishing to join us, please feel free to PM me and we can figure out a meeting point.

Chris

Don’t be offended that no one has offered to join you Bill. I’m thinking your reputation has been soiled by Brownie…

🙂

tfr

Hi, we’ll be on North Twin. We might run over and bag S. Twin if we have time. In any case, we’ll be waving! 🙂

Tom Rankin and Laurie Moore

Brownie

OK hush up now, the MAN IN CHARGE is in the house.
            I got the situation under control.
            Expect Team South Twin to show flying colors as far as the eye can see!
            We got a 25′ pole and a big flag too. :flag: :flag:

Our plans are to stay at Galehead Hut 9/10, climb S Twin and display flag by 10AM or earlier depending on how many pancakes the crew feeds us.
            Then we might go visit Tom on North Twin, or over to Jamie on Bond…or BOTH!

Brownie

(Hey Chris, stick with me now and your reps actually get better…. 😀 )

Chris

@Brownie wrote:

(Hey Chris, stick with me now and your reps actually get better…. 😀 )

Well, my rep can sure use the help!

SilentCal

Well Brownie if your going to boast, I surly expect to see this Flag from Moosilauke. Pucknuts has stated that your are the rigging engineer of the South Twin crew. I guess it’s up to you to be the top flag on the Pemi Rim. Good Luck :flag:

Pucknuts

20 plus feet is the word this morning (9/6). If you see headlamps on S Twin Saturday night it just means were getting a head start for Sunday….the Big Dig doesn’t have this much engineering!

Tom, we were planning a surprise visit to N Twin and a possible to visit Artex on Bond.
                  So much for the surprise.

Weather’s looking great….so I’m stoked.

On a side note….I know Brownie always brings prayer flags. Please consider bringing some for Katrina victims.
                  Bill (Pucknuts)

MichaelJ

I will have something special with me for Katrina, that I’m bringing up to whatever summit I end up floating on (hopefully that peak can accomodate it).

Sherpa John

Hey Pucknuts… pack in that beer you owe me :beer:
                      I am going to try and run over to Galehead in the AM for a quick hello before the run back to Bondcliff.

Not sure my flag is as big as I would have liked it to be. 😕
                      Only 6 feet by 3 feet. Going to try and find a bigger one before then. 😥
                      I tried ordering some online but it would not have arrived until AFTER 9/11.

So.. I’ll have my Flag (visible with binoculars even standing in front of it) and I am brining prayer flags as well for Katrina victims.

SJ

Pucknuts

SJ,

Beer for breakfast?
                        I like your style! :beer:

We were planning on getting over to Bond, so I’m sure one way or another we’ll meet up.
                        See you then!
                        Bill

PS Size doesn’t matter!

TrekMan

@Sherpa John wrote:

Not sure my flag is as big as I would have liked it to be. 😕
                          Only 6 feet by 3 feet. Going to try and find a bigger one before then. 😥
                          I tried ordering some online but it would not have arrived until AFTER 9/11.

SJ

Sherp – We had a 5×8 last year at Wildcat-D, and after looking through binocs toward the Presis etc, decided to get a 6×10 for this year, Been sitting in my living room for a month now. Watch Moriah if you want to see it Sunday.
                          :flag:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • The forum ‘2005 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.