Forums 2005 Flags on the 48 2005 Planning Meeting Planning weekend 2005

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

I’m good on May 21-22 and the Woodstock KOA.

MtnMagic

The black flies hatch here May 10th give or take 2 days depending on the warmth/rains. South of the Notch, about 3 days ealier. The skeeta’s hatch about 2 weeks later. Pretty much the same every year. Geez I’ve been here a long time! We need a large smokey campfire to run off the buggers.

Their website, http://www.brokenbranchcampground.com/ does say it costs $9 for non-profits. Can we convince the owners? Has anyone actually contacted them? It is a great family place!

SilentCal

The weekend of the 21st-22nd sounds great to me. I can bring some more firewood again. I’m guessing we might get about 2 dozen folks this year? Does that sound about right? I will send out invites to all those who sponsored peaks last year. In the invite I’ll include a survey for folks to fill out if they choose not to go. This will give us more input and topics to disscuss around the campfire.

MtnMagic

Yes, that sounds about right, Cal. Great idea to send out notices. More input please.

The owners of the campground are going ask us to send our non-profit tax id #. Since we don’t have one the rates will be $28-$31 for 2. State c.g. are in the $16-$18 range w/up to 8 to split the site cost. Anyplace is cool to me, particularly one that has showers.

SilentCal

If Broken Branch falls through, What about Tripoli Road? Osceola Vista? Thoughts, Ideas, Suggestions?

bobandgeri

Hey MtnMagic

“The owners of the campground are going ask us to send our non-profit tax id #. Since we don’t have one the rates will be $28-$31 for 2.”

Have you contacted them on this and know this for fact or is this just your guess? I have stayed there many times and have found the owners to be very accomidating. I am planning on contacting them if you have not.

“State c.g. are in the $16-$18 range w/up to 8 to split the site cost. Anyplace is cool to me, particularly one that has showers.”

Are there State campgrounds that have showers?

Besides agreeing on a campground – an agenda that allows people to partcipate who prefer the comfy accomidations of motels would be a good idea. Some hikers are wimps :> :flag:

MtnMagic

Hi Bob,

If you have stayed there many times, you probably know the owners and vice-versa. Please do get in touch w/them and kindly ask if they can accommodate our group cause w/a non-profit camping status.

Yes, three state c.g. do have showers with washers and dryers too:

http://www.nhstateparks.org/ParksPages/ParksAtGlncAD.html.

I do like Dry River c.g. as one can have campfires until midnight. But it not as centrally located or family oriented with none of the bells and whistles any KOA has.

I like your idea of a motel also. After the discussion around the campfire one can drive and retire to their rooms instead of to their tents.

edit: If the above link doesn’t work for you try this one: http://www.nhstateparks.org/ParksPages/campgrndsHome.html Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the “Parks at a Glance” Link.

bobandgeri

I heard back from the Broken Branch Campground today. The response indicated they would be glad to have us and give us the group rate.

MtnMagic

Excellent! It is so wonderful to know so soon in the year. I’m very happy we’ll have this KOA.

Thank you so very much Bob!
                      :beer:

Stephen

Without any objections, we have set the planning weekend:

Dates: May 21-22

I will start an attendance thread.

-Stephen

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • The forum ‘2005 Planning Meeting’ is closed to new topics and replies.