Forums 2005 Flags on the 48 2005 Post-Event Gathering Officially "Unofficial" Post Trip Libations

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
      #47136 |

Ok unless things change, I am “unofficially” meeting any/all who are interested in a post event beverage at the Mooseland that Sunday.

Hopefully others will be at the KOA, Saturday night as well for some “unofficial” pre-event activities. If there is enough, perhaps even a potluck meal.

Peace.

jay

Alpinista

I’ll probably be at the Mooseland afterward as well. I’m tentatively thinking of staying at Crag or Gray Knob the night before, which would leave me unable to attend pre-event festivities.

TrekMan

While I do not speak for all of Team Moriah, we are mostly staying at Dolly Copp with some staying Sunday night and some headed home (CT). I might suggest the Red Parka Pub (Rtes 302 & 16) as we start on the way home which could be good for others in the Carter-Moriah Range and/or Washington (if Tuck’s is used).
          :beer:

Alpinista

I like the idea of the Red Parka as well. Might be a nice change of scenery!

MichaelJ

It all depends on what time I get down – if I’m down by 4 or 5, I may swing by. If it’s later, though, I’m heading home. I’ve got a short work week following Fot48 and will need to get everything done that I can…

SilentCal

I’m not sure where I’ll end up. Unlike Michael, I still have 9 days of vacation after Flags 😆 😆 😆 . It depends on the rest of my crew and how soon they wish to head home.

dirt_girl

Raise a pint and think of me… :beer:
                  I will be eating supper from a pouch on Guyot, Sunday night.
                  I will be thinking of you all and hoping you hiked safe and the day proved to be everything you wanted it to be.
                  :flag:
                  The beauty of the land and the spirt of the day will be good company as I watch the sun set over the Bonds.
                  😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀
                  Doesn’t get much better than that!!!!

dirt_girl

TrekMan

The more I think about it, the more I think folks might make it to this place. Depending on trails used to “come out” (and if you come out at all on Sunday after the flag raising), anyone coming to Pinkham Notch or Crawford Notch areas could make it pretty quickly to Red Parka. This could take in Jackson, Eisenhower, Willey, Tom, Field, Carters, Wildcats, Moriah … maybe even Madison, Washington, Monroe. Sure I am missing some. The beer is good in pint canning jars and the atmosphere casual. Even outside dining if weather is nice. For those unfamiliar – Red Parka is on Rte 302 just before the intersection with Rte 16 in Glen.

Jayne

Mt Tom and gang will be at Mooseland for a cold beverage and a burger. I will be traveling in that direction to head home.

sciras

Field team will probably go to Mooseland

MtnMagic

Some of team Cabot and I will be at the Mooseland Grill around 6 or 6:30pm. Jaytrek, we’ve just got to play a few more and perhaps have a few more!

Hope to see some of you then!

Outtabreath

Some of the Pierce team will be stopping at the Mooseland for a quick bite before heading home.

Puck

So what is the time frame for the Mooseland gathering?

MichaelJ

After you finish.
                                🙂

No, seriously, I would expect people to start straggling in around 4:30 or 5pm, since most peaks will take at least 2 hours to descend plus drive time.

How late they stay is all up them.

wolftone

As part of the Isolation crew, we’ll probably copy Team Moriah’s plan. Camp at Dolly Copp, hit the Red Parka post-hike. Display an american flag so we can find you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                • The forum ‘2005 Post-Event Gathering’ is closed to new topics and replies.