Forums 2014 Flags on the 48 2014 Trips & Routes Moosilauke

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hello all,

I’m a newcomer to the Flags on the 48 hike, but I’m very excited to be taking part in it this year. I will be bringing my wife with me on this hike and I will also be bringing a small (3’x5′?) personal flag that I flew during my deployment to Iraq in 2003. I do not have a pole for this flag, but figured my wife and I could hold it up for a few pictures.

I’m not sure of the logistics you guys have in mind for carrying the large flag and poles, but I am more than willing to help. Although I am new to New England and the White Mountains, I have plenty of backpacking/hiking experience from the Smokey Mountains.

Josh

Mark R.

Sounds great Josh.
        If you look back over the discussion you will find info on getting to the trailhead. Meeting at 7:15 am and wheels up at 7:30. We will be taking the Gorge brook trail. It will be best for all levels. Your flag is more than welcome. Now we will have at least 2 @ 3×5 and one 4×6 not counting the possible Scout troop flags. We have one 18′ pole however I will try to come up with some options…
        Looking forward to a great day.

Mark

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
      • The forum ‘2014 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.