Forums 2014 Flags on the 48 2014 Trips & Routes Moosilauke

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
      #48301 |

Any plan yet for which trail we will be taking? Thanks in advance – :flag:

Mark R.

Hi Kristin,
        Scott is having a bit of login trouble (He only found out tonight he got PC). I told him that I would get the route info up and get things rolling.

The plan is to head up the Beaver Brook trail. A meeting time will be posted in the next few days. We have a flag and pole however if someone has a flag with special meaning we could fly that.

Regards.

Mark R.

Mark R.

After a lot of reading of past routes perhaps the Gorge brook trail would be a better option?

kristin

Mark,
            I am game for either – Do we know what the hiking abilities are of everyone going with our group? I just need to know since Beaver Brook is a longer drive for me.
            As for a flag – Billy my boyfriend who is coming has the flag that flew in his base in Iraq – He said it is kinda beat but would use it!
            Let me know and we can pull it out.

Kristin

Mark R

Ok, better safe than sorry we will take the Gorge brook trail. As for the flag. It would be an honor to fly Billy’s flag. Could you ask him the flags dimensions so Scott can set up his rigging on the flag pole.

kristin

Mark –
                Yes I will get the dimensions as soon as he gets home.
                I think Gorge Brook is the best bet for all abilities.
                I am so looking forward to this hike – I missed last year and was bummed. I participated in 2011 and 2012 –
                Thank you to you and Scott for leading –
                Is there anything else that you/we need?
                Kristin

Mark R.

Let’s meet up at 7:15 and plan for wheels up (on the trail) for 7:30. I don’t believe will need anything else but perhaps some help carrying the flag pole sections. :flag:

kristin

Sounds like a plan !
                    I will be in touch with the flag dimensions.
                    Kristin

kristin

Hello – I have the flag dimensions – 3′ x 5′

:flag:

Mark R.

Thanks Kristin.
                        Flag and pole are now all set.
                        The meeting time is 7:15 am on the trail at 7:30
                        Here is some info to get to the trailhead for those that need it…

Ravine Lodge – The Ravine Road leaves NH Rt 118 6 miles from the junction with NH Rt 112 and 6 miles from the junction with NH Rt 25. Parking is along the side of the road, near the Ravine Lodge. No WMNF parking pass is required when the road is open, but in winter, when the road is gated, a parking pass is needed in the plowed area near 118. The gate is usually closed from the end of November until early May. This trailhead serves the Gorge Brook, Snapper, and Asquam Ridge trails.

We will be taking the Gorge brook trail.
                        All are welcome. As of now I have heard from (or can account for)
                        Kristin, Billy, Spencer, Garrett, Myself and Scott.
                        Looking forward to a great day out. See you then.

Mark

Any questions? I can be reached @ Mark.roberts@turtletransit.com

Pisurfen

Hi. I’ll be there. Is the pole sectional or one piece?
                          Peter

Mark R.

The pole is sectional. It breaks down into 2 five foot sections. They are telescopic so when assembled it will be about 18′

SilentCal

Great job guys. I’m going to use this thread as an example of how things SHOULD work in the trips and routes folder.

:flag:

Mark R.

Thanks!

kristin

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • The forum ‘2014 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.