Forums 2007 Flags on the 48 2007 Post Event Gathering FOT48 KOA Campground Sept 7-8, 2007

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
      #47546 |

FOT48 is pleased to inform you that again this year, KOA Broken Branch Campground is offering reduced rates for those wishing to stay there for the Flags event.

The dates are September 7 & 8, 2007 (Fri/Sat).

When checking in inform them you are with the Flags event and they will give you the reduced price for a campsite.

We will be staying at the “island” tent sites which, if you are standing facing the office, are off to the right.

This is a great chance to meet other FOT48 participants both old and new and share in your experiences of the day.

Folks wishing to come for part of the day on Saturday, please see me when you get there.

Firewood is always appreciated as is any homebrews for the Steering Committee (cheap plea ) 😉 There is a grill available for cooking and many people bring their own as well.

Here is a link with more info and rules:

http://www.brokenbranchcampground.com/

The biggest rule is keeping the speed down in the campground. Please be respectful of this.

Hope to see you all there!
      :flag: [/url][url][/url]

SilentCal

Thanks for setting this up Jaytrek!

It’s really a good time and a chance to meet others that participate in the event. The KOA is a very clean and cozy campground. The showers are really great after a long hike!

dirt_girl

This is a terrific campground, it’s friendly, clean and comfortable… at a bargin price!! What a perfectly groovy place to gather with groups of happy, fun people.
          :flag:
          You became my favorites (you know who you are) because I had more opportunity to get to know you at the KOA while sipping brews, having a meal, chatting around the fire ring and playing a game or two. Very fond memories, indeed.
          :beer:

TrekMan

I am pleased to inform you that the “Garfield Fire-Cabin Smoked Porter” has been bottled this week my Dirt and me. We named it thus for the peak we are attending to this year (the foundation on Garfield is from an old fire cabin). We can both attest to its good flavor, though tested before the carbonation is set in.
            For those of you who would like to try some, bringing me a few empty Sam Adams bottles with labels peeled off would be a very nice gesture as I am in need of empties at this time.
            I expect it will be better that last year’s “Blueberry Flume”, but then we have to try that among friends!
            Prost! – ein Toast! See you there … TrekMan
            :beer: :beer: :beer:
            Remember: You can’t trust a beer you can see through!

Chris

@TrekMan wrote:

…Remember: You can’t trust a beer you can see through!

A man after my own heart!

MichaelJ

Sigh. Gonna miss you all this year!

una_dogger

Yep, we are going to miss you all this year. As MJ said, we will be moving into our new home together that weekend, just no way around it.

We’ll be thinking of you all on the summits, proudly waving the flags in remembrance of those lost in 9/11.

Have a super time at the after party; and someone better take and post some pics!!!

Double Bow

Wish I could make it, especially as I’ve been out of touch with many for a while. I’ll just have to hope that folks come out and see me on Middle Tri… 😥

sciras

We intended to show up after the hike last year but we got too comfortable at the brewery in North Woodstock whinning like little babies about how wet we were.

Hopefully this year will be better or I can just leave the whinners at the bar.

Hope to meet you all.

Steve

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • The forum ‘2007 Post Event Gathering’ is closed to new topics and replies.