Forums 2005 Flags on the 48 2005 Planning Meeting Flags Weekend F.A.Q

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
      #47058 |

Okay gang here is the scoop. I just got off the phone with the campground and here are some answers to everyone’s questions. If you have a question that is not listed below, please send me a pm and I’ll be happy to try and get an answer for you.

What date is it?
      Friday May 20th through Sunday May 22nd.

Where is it?
      Broken Branch Campground in Woodstock NH. Their website is http://www.brokenbranchcampground.com/

How much is it?
      $9 a head. I put a deposit down for about half of it. The campground has asked me to keep an accurate count as to how many people are there each night. At the event, I’ll figure out who owes me to cover my deposit, then the remainder will go to the campground.

How many people are going?
      I figured between 18-20 persons with most arriving on Friday and leaving on Sunday

How do I check in?
      The campground told me that when you arrive to say that you are part of the Flags on the 48 event. You will then be directed to the site and Pitch your tent there. I will call them again the Monday before the event to confirm everything is on the up and up.

When can I arrive?
      Anytime after Noon is check in time

What can I bring to help out?
      A. Firewood would be helpful. I bring a lot of kindling wood and some logs but with a large group like this year’s we may need more.
      B. I bring my coleman Grill-to-Go as well and anyone is free to use it.
      C. Bring some fresh ideas for the Flags event.
      D. Bring your own Food and Beverage of Choice. (Please nobody get stupid with vast amounts of alcohol)

Any Hikes planned during the days we are there?

I think this is still kind of open with the weather we have been having. Suggestions are welcome still but I’d Like to hike Garfield on Saturday and Welch + Dickey on Sunday. This is still open to discussion however.

What Time does the Planning meeting start?
      I’d like to say that we gather around the campfire by 6:00 and start. But of course the event will be the topic of conversation throughout the weekend.

If anyone has any questions please don’t hestitate to drop me a PM. I look forward to meeting some new faces and hope Mother Nature gives us a 5 star weekend!!!!

MtnMagic

SilentCal, in a word, excellent!

Broken Branch c.g. is off exit 31, I-93 and just 2 miles south on route 175.

Agreed, what we need to bring is lots of ideas and more logs for the fire. Can’t wait to greet old and new friends. See you all there!

MichaelJ

Awesome! Thanks for arranging this, SilentCal!

EDIT:
          I’ll be there probably 3pm-ish on Friday. I’ll help set up the common area with whomever’s there. I’d love to do like we had last year with the big tarps; I have one such tarp, hopefully we’ll have others.

Pucknuts

Great job. Thank you, and we’ll see you May 21.

Magic, you bringing the double bag for me????? :beer:

SilentCal

Darn, thanks Magic for posting the directions. I had it on my index card for things to remember to write but still forgot. I’ll be at the Campground around 6pm if all goes well. I need a remtach at chess too Magic!

Chris

Sadly, I have a TON of firewood and no fireplace, so I’m good for a bunch…

MtnMagic

Cal, don’t forget those house tarps; Puck your daughter will love it; Chris, please lotsa hardwood; Mike, yes, the bike; the rest will surely bring the best!

So to review just a little bit of what’s on the agenda, we’ve a whole weekend of brainstorming ideas for the FOT48 event, meet old and new friends, camp every night, hike every day, share laughter, try some special microbrews, play chess, sit around the campfire each evening, enjoy meaningful conversation, delight in food and most definitely swim deep in old fashioned fellowship. Looking forward to seeing all of you there.

It doesn’t get any better than this!

Stephen

Unfortunately I will not be able to make it this year. A number of family committments are popping up that day.

I’ll be there “in spirit” and will anxiously await the reports of the ideas from the meeting.

-Stephen

Jaytrek57

I’ll be there early AM on the 21. I’m up for any hike.BTDT.

BTW, Is a six pack of Tucks a stupidly vast amount of alcohol? :beer: :beer: :beer:

Peace.

SilentCal

I don’t mind how much anyone brings, as long as everyone behaves. I know we’ll be hiking on the 21st Jaytrek57. Hope you can make it in time. What time I’m not sure but We’ll figure out a meeting place. Any ideas?

MichaelJ

If we know where we’re going hiking, meet at the trailhead. If not, meet at the campground … or … at the visitor information center right off I-93 on the Kanc (super-convenient and easy to find).

If you’re sure we’re hiking north of Franconia Notch, Beaver Brook wayside area on Rte 3 is also a good meeting point.

SilentCal

Is that wayside area the one with a view of Mt. Cleveland? Isn’t it about a mile of so before the trailhead. What time should we aim to start the Garfield hike if the weather is good. Does 9:00 sound reasonable? Cannonballs if there are no views sounds good to me. Any ideas for start times at Welch-dickey? Someone may be meeting us there.

Jaytrek57

I’ll meet the “group” at the campsite in the early am and go from there.

Just bust’n your chops a bit Cal, I am in complete agreement. :flag:

MtnMagic

BTDT ??? Inquiring minds want to know!

I certainly want to hike, and drink some Long Trail Ale at night around the campfire too. Looking forward to the entire weekend!

Chris

BTDT = Been There, Done That

:beer:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • The forum ‘2005 Planning Meeting’ is closed to new topics and replies.