Forums 2005 Flags on the 48 2005 Planning Meeting August 11: Camping Out

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Ah-hah! I found the directions. First post in the *other* August 11th thread. 🙂

Jay – any chance of two trees 10′ apart with nothing in the way between them? If so, I can use the hammock instead of a tent.

Jaytrek57

Plenty of trees.

Unless you have netting or a light bivy…I am not taking responsibilty for the ass kicking the deer flies will give you. 😮

They have been quite bad this year in the Blue Hills.

Stephen

Hooray! We won.

But I’m still stuck in Gorham Thursday night. 🙁

-Stephen

MichaelJ

Congrats and dang!

Stephen

@MichaelJ wrote:

Congrats and dang!

No kidding. It’s ironic that the one time I’m in the mountains happens to be the day I wish I were somewhere else.

Only work could make the mountains un-enjoyable! 🙄

-Stephen

MichaelJ

Slight change of plans for me …
                I’ll be there a little after 6 (Rte 128 permitting) and will stay and hang out even fairly late into the night, but won’t be staying over. A load of issues just fell on my head including things about the car (not mechanical problems, just issues), and I will need to come back home Thursday night. Since it’s only a 30 to 45 minute drive home for me, it’s not a big deal.

smitty77

Everyone have fun tonight! Everybody Wang Chung tonight! Oh, wait a minute…. 😀

I wish I could go, but I have to be at work by 6 am in northeast CT. Have a ball on my behalf!

Smitty

pepsi

@smitty77 wrote:

Everyone have fun tonight! Everybody Wang Chung tonight! Oh, wait a minute…. 😀

I wish I could go, but I have to be at work by 6 am in northeast CT. Have a ball on my behalf!

Smitty

Same here except SW CT 🙂

I was going to try and make it without the camping overnight but since I haven’t even gotten home yet it would be after 9:00pm before I got there anyway.:(

Have fun and see you in 1 month :flag: :flag:

MichaelJ

I expect to leave work around 5:30 … given the current state of traffic on Rte 128, expect me 6:30/7:00.

MichaelJ

HUGE thanks to Jay and Terry for their hospitality!!!
                        It was great to see everyone!
                        And I have to say … we made out very lucky (well, maybe Jay didn’t at chess, but I digress…) because as I drove home I found that not too far north, the roads had been soaked by some pretty heavy rain.
                        🙂

SilentCal

I second the HUGE thank you to Jay annd Terry. Cathie and I had a blast. She wants to hike very badly with Madison now. The Bog Bridge hike was very interesting and food delicious. A pleasant night under the stars and great conversation. What more could you ask. Tent poles perhaps, but everyone had theirs….. 🙄

Jaytrek57

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Pleasure to have you here. Magic I made a mistake, I’m pretty good at pick-up sticks, not chess. 😉

I know I will see everyone at some point that week-end.

Peace.

dirt_girl

Absolutely! Thank you Jay and Terry for putting up with us… I mean… putting us up… for the night.
                              Great place, food and company!
                              :beer:
                              Also we got the first look at the beautiful new flyers and contact cards that MichaelJ endevored to produce. 😉
                              :flag:
                              I connected the dots with all the mesquito bites… probably shouldn’t have used a permanent marker.
                              😮
                              dirt_girt

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                            • The forum ‘2005 Planning Meeting’ is closed to new topics and replies.