Forums 2005 Flags on the 48 2005 Planning Meeting August 11: Camping Out

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
      #47109 |

Several have have sent PM’s about finding a campground for the “mini” get together on Thursday, August 11 (6:00pm).

There is PLENTY of room for all who wish to pitch a tent for the night. We are literally in the middle of the woods out here (Blue Hills).

This might even convince some folks who live further away to come and join in the reverly.

Again, no-agenda…just a chance to get even more excited about this years event…not that we need it.!

MichaelJ

Sounds fun to me – I just have to head up Rte 128 in the morning to get to work, where we have showers.

As long as I’m not the only one, out in the woods alone…
        😯

SilentCal

I’ll be there along with Grace. I’ll bring my boom box so MichealJ can listen to Billy Joel first thing in the morning 😆 😆 😆

Stephen

That could be the last night of softball championships. 🙁

Hopefully we’ll take it in 2 and not need the thursday night game. Otherwise I’ll be mia yet again.

-Stephen

MichaelJ

@SilentCal wrote:

can listen to Billy Joel first thing in the morning

Nnnnooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              👿

MtnMagic

Very glad to read this!

This sure makes it much more attractive to those of us that live some distance away.

Stephen

Hey, just an update.

My softball team is 1-1 in the semifinals. Last game tomorrow determines who goes on and who goes home.

Obviously if we lose, I suddenly become available for the 11th. if we win, we have another 2 out of 3 series for the finals that week, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.

If enough folks camp out, maybe I’ll drive down Friday morning and catch up with some of you.

-Stephen

Stephen

FYI, we are on to the finals, so if we can finish the series in two games, I can be there.

In case you want to follow it, the site is http://www.seacoastsoftball.org

Our team is DEC2.

-Stephen

dirt_girl

Very kind offer…thank you. :beer:
                      I will be there Thursday night.
                      I’m happy to have the opportunity to hang out with all you groovy people!
                      Hey Magic? You and Sky comming too?
                      :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:
                      BTW SilentCal… good idea about letting W.Bond peeps know about a potential gathering at Guyot. It would be very cool if it happens.

SilentCal

Glad your coming Madison! Cathie will be quite pleased. Let’s hope it doesn’t rain!

MtnMagic

Suddenly have car problems so it doesn’t seem like I can make it.

Looking for a miracle!

MichaelJ

D’oh! Sorry to hear it, Magic, but I wouldn’t want you to risk a breakdown on the highway, either.

Jay – have you posted times for arrival and directions and so forth yet? Should I have had dinner already or are we doing a group thing?

I will have flyers and cards to hand out.

SilentCal

I believe it was bring your own beverages but I would like to know if there is anything we need to bring? Firewood? Food? . Also some idiot proof directions would be good from different directions.

Stephen

Guys I’m out. 🙁

We won the first game. If we win tonight, then it’s done, we’ve got the trophy.

However I’m being sent to Gorham, NH for an install Thursday morning and will be there until Friday. :-/

The worst part about this is if we lose tonight, I have to miss the last game of the championship… and I’m the COACH! Arrrrgh!

So, here’s to a strong win tonight, and a great time without me yet again.

-Stephen

Jaytrek57

Cal-
                                  The directions are idiot proof, take it from me I use them everyday. 😉

Anytime after 6:00pm. That’s 1800 for you military. 🙁

Bring what you like. I will provide burgers and hot dogs and all the fixings. if people want to bring a dish…well the more the merrier.

A towel and swimwear wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

See you Thursday!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                • The forum ‘2005 Planning Meeting’ is closed to new topics and replies.