Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
      #47234 |

Team Adams met at Appalachia just slightly behind schedule. (Did someone miss the mark?). We decided to head up Israel Ridge since none of us had been up that way before. We left a car spot and headed over to Bowman. Shippy, Donna, Mtnmama and I headed out while SherpaK waited for Mark. After the first stream crossing Shippy went ahead to bag Madison before meeting us on Adams. Mark and SherpaK caught up with us about halfway up to thp Perch. We travelled together up to the Alpine Zone. Time was running out on us, so SherpaK and Mark hustled ahead. As we hiked across the ridge it occurred to us that Mark intended to head over to Madison first and SherpaK would have no help setting up the Flag. So I scrambled ahead to try to catch up. I soon reached the summit approach where I saw SherpaK just shy of the summit followed by 10-15 young hikers. He looked like the pied piper. They were on a DOC outing. No problem finding help. I reached the summit just as the Flag went up moments after noon. Donna and mtnmama arrived a few minutes later and we shared the summit with the kids. SherpaK directed them to the best trail and they were on their way. Lots of hikers passed through from the Perch and the huts, and many of them knew of FOT48. Flags were clearly visible on Jefferson, Madison and Washington. With binoculars we could see those on Moriah, Carter Dome and one of the Wildcats. We settled into a nice comfortable spot out of the wind with a spectacular view into the Great Gulf. Mark and Shippy soon arrived and we shared snacks and coffee. Time flew by. 2:00 passed so we assembled for pictures and took down the Flag. It was approaching 3:00 when we finally headed down. It was one of those days when you never want to leave. We headed down Airline. The hike across Durand Ridge was spectacular. We were late arrivals at the Mooseland but the beer still tasted mighty good. Enjoyed meeting new folks and seeing others we’ve met recently. The weather and the company really did this great event justice.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • The forum ‘2005 Trip Reports’ is closed to new topics and replies.