Forums 2005 Flags on the 48 2005 Signups & Status Wow, 3/4 of the way already

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
      #47098 |

Not 9 hours have barely gone by and nearly 3/4 of the peaks have some form of coverage.

To think there was a time when we didn’t have full coverage.

Way to go, gang! Keep them coming!

-Stephen

SilentCal

30 peaks out of 45. Not too bad at all. Lots of familar people and many new people as well. Don’t worry we still have about 60 days left…. 🙄

pepsi

Yes, great progress so far :flag: :flag:

A couple surprise me that they’re still there but they won’t last long and I’m sure someone that wasn’t available today or :gasp: forgot will be happy to claim one. 😀

MichaelJ

I can’t believe nobody’s taken Carrigain yet! I would have expected that to be one of the first. I’m equally surprised about the Hancocks … they usually disappear right at the start.

Owl’s Head and West Bond are still there … sigh. C’mon people, don’t make me walk there!
            🙂

Stephen

@MichaelJ wrote:

I can’t believe nobody’s taken Carrigain yet! I would have expected that to be one of the first.

I hadn’t noticed it either when I signed up.

I asked Stephen if I could move. He approved. 😉

-Stephen

MichaelJ

LoL! Enjoy!

Madison’s still up for grabs; that’s a sweet peak and the hut will still be open if one wanted to hike up the previous evening.

Speaking of which … did anyone mention to Madison that they rescheduled the bridge work for this year? 🙂

Pucknuts

Mad Hut and Lakes are “full” for 9/10 as of right now but you can be put on the waiting list.
                  Just an FYI.
                  Bill

smitty77

@MichaelJ wrote:

Madison’s still up for grabs; that’s a sweet peak and the hut will still be open if one wanted to hike up the previous evening.

Or one could even stay at Crag Camp or Grey Knob. Both are terrific self-serve cabins run by the Randolf Mountain Club. They are first come first served (last I knew) and may very well fill up that weekend too.

Madison is a very nice peak – Max and I manned it last year. :flag:

Smitty

Greg

@smitty77 wrote:

@MichaelJ wrote:

Or one could even stay at Crag Camp or Grey Knob. Both are terrific self-serve cabins run by the Randolf Mountain Club. They are first come first served (last I knew) and may very well fill up that weekend too.

Madison is a very nice peak – Max and I manned it last year. :flag:

Smitty

Did Madison in 2002. We camped in the Great Gulf and hiked up the Madison Gulf Trail the morning of… 😮

Not sure if we’re going to man a peak this year or plan a hike along a ridge and try to hit a few peaks.

SilentCal

I pinged both Madison and Chris who is leading the Hale group about the satus of the bridge. Madison had to deal with the same thing last year but they never ended up doing the work. I’ll drive by there Thursday morning (the 8th) and double check the status of the bridge and let them know.
                        Quite a few ridgerunners this year. Perhaps we should make a separate list for that. Add that to the lists of things to discuss at next year’s meeting.
                        MichealJ, if you get Owl’s Head, I’ll go with you, I’ve got a more than able crew on Moosilauke to pick up the slack. Actually we are available on an on-call basis as well.

Stephen

I had an idea for Owl’s Head last year… I was thiking of hiking in one of those small helium tanks that you can get at a party store, then floating some kind of flag on some balloons.

Gee, I’m sure glad I didn’t do Owl’s Head last year…

-Stephen

MichaelJ

I tried to get Sherpa John to take Owl’s Head, since he’s done it 4 times this year and loves going back, but he declined. 🙂

At least with no after-gathering to miss, I won’t feel too bad if I do get a long-haul peak.

SilentCal

37 out of 45! We are now getting to the usual suspects for peaks. Surprised North Kinsman is there. With those ledges facing the Franconias, I thought it would be gone. I thought Owl’s Head was going to go quick this year. I figured someone would have a crazy idea to get a flag through the tree’s there. The people that sign up for the last couple of peaks are the real heroes of this event. I’m also surprised we have no outing clubs or high schools groups this year. Any word on the fourth boy scout troop, Stephen???

Outtabreath

I love the balloons idea!!! That may come in handy on a few peaks.

Stephen

@Outtabreath wrote:

I love the balloons idea!!! That may come in handy on a few peaks.

If I remember correctly, the tank weighs in betwen 13 and 18 lbs. Bring a frame 😉

-Stephen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                • The forum ‘2005 Signups & Status’ is closed to new topics and replies.