Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Chris, you guys got a frige in “The Condo”? 😛

Just trying to figure out what to bring to eat for breakfast and lunch on Sat…

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? This is the first time in a while I am camping out…

Thanks man.

-Z

Chris

Uhh, one thing I haven’t mentioned is that we’re probably not going to bring the “condo”. One of our fellow hikers has a cabin that he offered and we couldn’t refuse…

I usually go with oatmeal and bananas. Lots of good carbs to keep you going. You could also go with some protein and add some eggs, which would also help.

On the trail I snack on more bananas and protein bars. I find that I’m not usually all that hungry when I’m hiking for some reason.

Don’t forget lots of water!

Z-man

That’s cool…Quick and easy is usaually my style anyway…lol

Is this about right for the propsed route?

Sticking with the red route there and back, or is there the blue one involved? Just curious, the trails were not to clearly marked in the program.

Chris

You got it, the red route is the intended, although we may not reverse direction, we may follow the Willey Ridge trail down to 302 (which would require that we spot a car). It’ll make the total trip shorter, but the trip down from Willey is steep…

MichaelJ

If you have an extra 15 minutes, I *highly* recommend doing the blue leg and poking your head up on top of Mt. Avalon. The views from there are stunning and it’s also a lovely patch of forest between Avalon and Willey.

Chris

Thanks for the tip Michael, I’ll definitely try and convince the crew to take this side trip.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • The forum ‘2006 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.