Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
      #47339 |

We plan to take the Avalon Trail up to the Willey Range Trail and back again. We’re a pretty small group at this point, more are welcome!

Z-man

Okay, so I am completely new to the Whites, and was wondering…Where are we meeting up? 😮

Iw ill probably come in on Friday, take a half day from work and then make the drive up. I am not sure how long of a drive it is going to be, but I’d rather get in early while still light out. You know, being in a new place and all..

Chris

We are staying at the KOA Broken Branch Campground, which is on Woodstock NH. You can check it out and get directions by cruising over to their web site:

http://www.brokenbranchcampground.com/

We’ll probably hit the trailhead at about 8:00 AM so we can be sure we’ll hit the summit by noon. If you’ve never really hiked, you should try to get a decent pair of boots and break them in before the hike. You should also be sure to have some non-cotton clothing to hike in, EMS has some excellent options.

Welcome aboard!

Z-man

I’ve hiked a bunch, in the past and run a bunch..so I should be okay. i did just pickup a new pair of Garmont boots and have been wearing them a bunch. Hitting Bear Mountain (CT) this weekend for a hike, and plan on giving the boots a good go…

i also have a bunch of moisturewhick stuff.

Looking forward to the hike :beer:

Chris

Awesome! Do you think you’ll make it to the Broken Branch? Dome and I will have “the condo” (camper) which will be nice.

Z-man

I think so…Trying to work my bosses to get Friday as a 1/2 day… I alos have a new tent on its way so I kind want to give it a whirl..lol I’d rather get there Friday night then leave at like 2 in the morning here to get up there Saturday 😮 That would make for a very long day… lol

Chris

You’re absolutely right about that! I used to live down that way (Bridgewater, NJ) so I know what the drive is like. And you’d have to leave by 1:00 AM at the latest to make it, unless you own a plane or helicopter!

Z-man

LOL!

Wish I was that rich…hahaha

Just got off the phone with a buddy of mine, I went to College with him, he may come and join as well.

BTW I assume you have a flag? I am going to bring one as well…My buddy was in the Marines and flew it over Afghanistan and Iraq. Then gave it to me, so I was gonna bring it as well to fly high. Not a big Flag though,…

Chris

I do have a flag, two in fact (including one with only 48 stars!) but I would much rather use yours! Please bring it along and I’ll take care of the flag pole.

TrekMan

FYI … I live in Suffield CT and can get to Crawford Notch in under 4 hours. Not sure where in CT you are coming from.

Chris

Ooops, you’re right. From CT will be shorter!

Z-man

I am going to be coming from Stamford. I am planning for about 5-5.5 hrs. Work until noon, then head out about 12:30-1pm. Ther no later then 7-7:30.

Need to work out the actual directions and stuff though. Still haven’t even mapquested the campground yet. lol

Chris

It’s super easy. From Stamford (my Grandmother lives there!) take 95 to 91 to 84 to 90 to 290 to 495 to 93 to exit 31. Piece o’ cake!

Z-man

@Chris wrote:

It’s super easy. From Stamford (my Grandmother lives there!) take 95 to 91 to 84 to 90 to 290 to 495 to 93 to exit 31. Piece o’ cake!

😮 :beer:

Sounds easy enough 8)

Z-man

:flag:

Keep your fingers crossed. I know a bunch of folks in the military and put in a request for some fly bys if they could work it…A buddy is going to see if any flights are going to be heading out of Pease from 12-2 on that day and if they could to Fly by…

*Finger’s Crossed*

Seeing the A-10 flyby is what gave me the idea…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                • The forum ‘2006 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.