Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
      #47142 |

Brian?
      What is your plan for this hike?
      Care to join a group of us at Guyot on 9/10?
      The peeps hiking Bond, Bondcliff and Zealand will be gathering there?

Waiting to hear from you…?
      :flag:
      Peace
      dirt_girl

Brian

Oopps! Just caught on today that there was such a ‘route planning’ section. Right now there appear to be four of us doing the trip. My son MAckreth, brother in law Danny, and Debbie who we have done some winter excursions with a couple of years ago.

Our plans are to do a day hike. We will start at Licoln woods perhaps about 7:00 or so. Depedning upon the weather we may continue out over S Twin and down the Franconia Brook trail.

Still working on the flag…

Brian

dirt_girl

Hey!
          Good to hear from you!
          Sounds like a nice hike for you guys,
          you seem to have a good group too.
          I am a bit sad that your tribe isn’t going to be part of the gathering at Guyot. 😥
          However we all understand the mutitude of reasons than could prevent a group from hanging out over night.

Hope your day goes perfectly… hike safe.
          :flag:

Peace
          dirt_girl

Sherpa John

Was on West Bond yesterday (8/27) and you should note that the summit Cairn on West Bond has been destroyed by the Forest Service. I know someone who is planning on trying to rebuild the cairn the morning of the event. The rocks are still there and useable.

Brian

Hmmm…I didn’t get notified that there were any responses to my last reply in spite of the fact I requested an email notification.

Well, we can certainly pitch in and help rebuild it. Why did the FS destroy it to begin with? Summit cairns are not exactly ‘destroying’ the natural beauty if that’s what they were hung up about!

And on the other topic, I really don’t have the gear (or the energy to prepare) for an overnight stay!

Brian

SilentCal

Just a suggestion, but make sure your e-mail address is correct. I made the mistake of switching addresses and forgot to change the setting. Either that or your spam-filter is blocking it.

As for the West Bond cairn, I’m surprised at that, I wonder if the caretaker at Guyot could give you information on that one. And why just West Bond? Bond has a fair sized cairn on it and there are several around Bondcliff.

Brian

You were right! My old email account was there. I thought that was changed ages ago. I wonder how many messages I have missed because of that.

Brian

Brian

We will try to start at Lincoln Woods at 6:30 AM. When we arrive at West Bond we will probably do some cairn building. If all in the crew are feeling good enough we will continue the trip out over South Twin and back down to the Franconia Brook Trail. Right now the weather looks good; If one can trust the 850 mb weather model runs there will be significant warming during the day (from 7.5 to 15 C at the 4500 foot level) Sunday and probably some high cloudiness by the PM. Winds will start to increase by evening. There doesn’t seem to be anywhere near enough moisture to create any orographic cloud. Saturday will be much cooler, low winds, and will likely have super visibility.

Mackreth, my brother in law Danny and I are the only ones going so far. Debbie had family commitments. Anyone else is welcome to join us.

We got a flag; nothing impressive, but its a starter. Hope we can find a nice trunk up high on Bondcliff to lash the pole on.

Brian

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘2005 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.