Forums 2004 FOT48 Information Archive 2004 Summit Reports Welcome to the 2004 Routes/Teams Forum

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
      #46922 |

This forum is for folks to communicate details with their teams for their peak.

Please create only one thread for each peak, and keep all peak-related discussion in it’s thread.

Please make your subject just the peak name. Use the same name that is used on the Peaks List.

-Stephen

Stephen

Need to hear from the following peaks still:

Bondcliff
        (1 peak)

SilentCal

Idea: If we get no response by Sunday night, could an e-mail reminder go out then to remind people. Not everyone rechecks the site after they sign up.

rbhayes

I work with the guy signed up for Flume – I know is is going but will ask him to logon the forum and post his info tomorrow.

Stephen

@Stephen wrote:

Need to hear from the following peaks still:

Bondcliff
              Cabot
              Cannon
              Carter Dome
              Carter, Middle
              Carrigain
              Eisenhower (Pleasant)
              Galehead
              Hancock, North
              Hancock, South
              Jackson
              Jefferson
              Kinsman, North
              Lincoln
              Madison
              Osceola
              Osceola, East
              Passaconaway
              Pierce (Clinton)
              Owls Head
              Tecumseh
              Tom
              Tripyramid, Middle
              Tripyramid, North
              Twin, North
              Whiteface
              Wildcat A
              Wildcat D
              (28 peaks)

The registrants for the peaks above were just sent the following e-mail:

Happy Labor Day weekend!

As we are 1 week away from the memorial, I am writing to ask everyone to confirm that they are ready to go for next weekend.

You may confirm two ways:

1) [preferred] Please post a message on our forum indicating your peak and your plan, in case there are those who wish to join up with you. You do not need to register with the forum in order to post here:

http://forums.flagsonthe48.org/viewforum.php?f=13

2) If you are not comfortable posting, then please reply to this e-mail and let us know that you are still in and ready to go.

We are working hard to assure 100% coverage this year. If you are unable to hike, please let us know ASAP as there are hiklers willing to take your place. If we have not heard from you by midnight Tuesday, we will open your peak up to other hikers to assure coverage.

Finally, I look forward to seeing you at the Mosseland Grill in Twin Mountain, NH after the hike. You can read more about the Grill at:

http://www.restaurant.com/microsite.asp?rid=309932&rn=New+Hampshire&ct=&cs=0&ne=0&al=&nv=1&pg=1&bsp=1&qty=4

Good luck on your hike!

Stephen
              and the rest of the FOT48 Admin Team

There is one exception. I have a J King registered for Pierce, but I have no contact information for this hiker, and I cannot find any message relating to this peak.

If anyone knows who this is, could you let me know ASAP how to contact this hiker? Thank you.

-Stephen

Stephen

We’ve heard from half the peaks! Keep them coming!

-Stephen

MtnMagic

Sky, Ghostdog and I will certainly do it. Perhaps Laura will join us as she did last year. What say you. Last call!

With all good magical wishes,
                  Magic

Stephen

75% have confirmed. Any others not confirmed by midnight will be opened up…

-Stephen

Stephen

Realizing the tricky thing where e-mails from FOT48 could be regarded as spam, I have sent the message to the last 11 peak teams from my work address.

-Stephen

Stephen

Should I look these hikers up tonight on Google and call them? I have names and addresses for many of them…

-Stephen

Stephen

87.5% have confirmed. 6 left to confirm. 2 peaks open.

MtnMagic

I think an email note to them is better.

Frodo

I strongly agree with MtnMagic, an email is much less obtrusive than a google search with an unexpected phone call… 😮

Another thing to consider is some of the people might be on vacation (similar to SilentCal), and might not be reachable. If you re-open their peaks, you should emphasize that there is a good chance that there might be multiple flags flying (just so the new person isn’t surprised when they get there).

Frodo

BTW, which 6 peaks are unconfirmed? I might know some of the people.

MtnMagic

I agree with Frodo!
                                  😀

I only see Middle Carter and Lincoln as the summits not being covered. Which ones left are not covered?

Let’s not forget 9-11, our Saturday hike to the summits, the get together celebration on Saturday night, and our fallen heros.

See you great folks at the Mooseland Grill. What a great time we’ll have!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • The topic ‘Welcome to the 2004 Routes/Teams Forum’ is closed to new replies.