Forums Flags on the 48 Information General Discussion Sunday, September 11, 2005

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

I agree that the event should take place on the actual anniversary whenever possible.

-Miles

flyingfree

This will be my first time participating…that is if I make it in a group. : )

I was originally thinking Lincoln because that is one of my favorite mountains. But if people are going to overnight camp..Owls Head. I am game for that.

I only made it 1/2 way up Owls Head because a sudden thunder/lightening storm came along and caused a flash flood. The only good thing about it was that it washed away all the snakes. I’m not afraid of snakes, but I never saw so many sunning themselves at once in my life! It was creepy and very surreal!

We didn’t see anyone for 2 days out there, not until we hit Galehead. The trail was just one big river. Once the weather cleared and we started up Twinway, I was bowled over by the UNBELIEVABLE BEAUTY. We did 10 4000+ on that hike and it has always been my favorite. Long story short, helping to bring a flag to the top of Owls Head would be an honor.

I don’t want to be the leader, but will help in any way.

SilentCal

Welcome Flyingfree!

Signups will be on July 11th. Please feel free to sign on with any peak. This is a great way to meet other like-minded hikers. Owl’s Head is usually one of the last to go but maybe not this year.
          Thanks for your interest and be sure to sign-up for support if you can.

SherpaKroto

I’m in (again). Very happy to have Adams. I’m hoping to carry a flag from the Ladies Emblem Club #32 from Everett, MA. The American Flag is their totem and my wife is heavily involved in their charity work.

Double Bow

Just wanted to say you guys are doing a great job and I’m thilled to be a part of it this year!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.