Forums 2004 FOT48 Information Archive 2004 Post-Event Gathering Sunday Hike September 12th

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
      #46889 |

The day after the Flags event, I’d like to hike Mt. Lafayette by using the Skookumchuck Trail and descending the Greenleaf Trail to the ski area. Is anyone interested in coming along and exploring a different less-traveled side of Lafayette? Just post below if your interested and we’ll work on the details that way. :flag:

rbhayes

We are interested

MtnMagic

Ghostdog and I and possibly Sky (will know as the day gets closer)will join in.

Bob, will your dogs be going?

rbhayes

MtnMagic – yes, if we go the “Boys” will be with us, provided there are not people in the group that have a phobia about dogs.

MtnMagic

Did the dogs ascend the pinned steps on the Wildcat Ridge Trail w/o much difficulty?

Jaytrek57

If I leave my pack on Lafayette will someone bring it down for me? 😉

SilentCal

Depends. Will there be any cold beers in it? 🙄

rbhayes

MtnMagic
                    “Did the dogs ascend the pinned steps on the Wildcat Ridge Trail w/o much difficulty?”

They haven’t done that trail yet. Took a look at a pic of them though – looks like a challenge, but not impossible. Not having done the Skookumchuck Trail, we are guessing that there may be sections that you think are too tough for dogs? We’ve been amazed at how dogs find a way, sometimes with a little help. We would never have thought dogs could get up trails such as Blueberry ledge on Whiteface, but hiked it with a friend and her very large dog a few weeks ago. Worse case is we turn around if we get to a section the dogs can’t handle.

MtnMagic

Not at all too difficult for dogs on the Skookumchuck Trail. Not too difficult for hikers either! It’s an easy and fun trail. Quite unlike the Caps Ridge Trail. What a fun climb!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • The forum ‘2004 Post-Event Gathering’ is closed to new topics and replies.