Forums 2004 FOT48 Information Archive 2004 Planning Meeting Site Redesign/Registration forms

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • SilentCal
    Moderator
    Post count: 1285

    works good!

    Stephen
    Participant
    Post count: 759

    Please look at the site redesign (note only the first page has the new template thus far) and comment in this thread.

    http://www.flagsonthe48.org/2004web/

    -Stephen

    Stephen
    Participant
    Post count: 759

    Apparently confirmation e-mails are not getting through to comcast accounts. I’m not getting a bounce on it, so there’s probably a missing field. I will investigate.

    -Stephen

    smitty77
    Post count: 45

    Nicely done! The new template is easier to navigate IMO and just seems to read better than the old one. The new logo at the top is also very eye catching. Any plans to make the front page photo rotate like the one on AZ?

    Overall appearance has been brought ot the next level. Bravo! 8)

    Greg
    Post count: 397

    @smitty77 wrote:

    Nicely done! The new template is easier to navigate IMO and just seems to read better than the old one. The new logo at the top is also very eye catching. Any plans to make the front page photo rotate like the one on AZ?

    Overall appearance has been brought ot the next level. Bravo! 8)

    Thanks for the kind words, smitty. Obviously, the forums now have the official FOT48 Web colors. Once I go live with the new design, I’ll apply it to the forums as well.

    The rotation photo is still a possibility, but probably not before 7/4. I do it on AZ by using my ad rotation software, but that’s a bit overkill for here. What I think would be great would be if we could resize and rotate the images from the Gallery, but that’ll be a bit tricky to get going and it may need custom programming. Stephen?! 😉

    Any other comments on the new site design? Please be brutally honest. 🙂

    Stephen
    Participant
    Post count: 759

    @Greg wrote:

    Any other comments on the new site design? Please be brutally honest. 🙂

    I find the dark red on dark blue column headers is tough to read.

    -Stephen

    Greg
    Post count: 397

    @Stephen wrote:

    I find the dark red on dark blue column headers is tough to read.

    Better?

    smitty77
    Post count: 45

    BTW, I received my confirmation e-mail just fine on my Hotmail account.

    I can’t really comment on colors…certified colorbind I am. But the site looks very good. Much more professional looking which will help when those that are unfamiliar with the event visit the site. Hopefully we can achieve 100% this year.

    Stephen
    Participant
    Post count: 759

    I KNOW that I am looking forward to spending time recruiting and promoting rather than processing registrations. I’m sure Greg feels the same about updating the peaks list.

    I think we’ve got a GREAT shot at 100%. Look how far we’ve come already:

    1) Dedicated forums :argue:
    2) Cleaner web design :flag:
    3) Automated registrations :beer:

    -Stephen

    Greg
    Post count: 397

    @Stephen wrote:

    I KNOW that I am looking forward to spending time recruiting and promoting rather than processing registrations. I’m sure Greg feels the same about updating the peaks list.

    I think we’ve got a GREAT shot at 100%. Look how far we’ve come already:

    1) Dedicated forums :argue:
    2) Cleaner web design :flag:
    3) Automated registrations :beer:

    You ain’t kidding. You’re the man, Stephen. Great job on the coding! We have come far. What else is there to do now? Hike, I guess! 💡

    Stephen
    Participant
    Post count: 759

    @Greg wrote:

    @Stephen wrote:

    I find the dark red on dark blue column headers is tough to read.

    Better?

    Yup. 🙂

    smitty77
    Post count: 45

    @Greg wrote:

    What else is there to do now? Hike, I guess! 💡

    So that’s what we’re here for? 😉

    I’m still up in the air for Saturday. I think it’s going to be one of those last minute deals as the weaher was looking iffy last I checked.

    MichaelJ
    Participant
    Post count: 839

    I think it’s going to be one of those last minute deals as the weaher was looking iffy last I checked.

    Lincoln, NH Saturday: Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 40s.

    It’s the scattered thunderstorms on Friday that may be an issue. As long as I can get the tent up between raindrops I’ll be happy.
    🙂

    SilentCal
    Moderator
    Post count: 1285

    Weekend weather looks okay. Friday has some scattered thunderstorms but Saturday and Sunday look to be fine days for hiking and camping. Nights will get into the high 40’s. No big deal!

    You need a smiley that takes his hat off. Stephen and Greg did a remarkable job. I think 100% is attainable. With everyone finally face to face and brainstorming over beers and burgers, how can we go wrong? :flag: :flag:

    Greg
    Post count: 397

    If anyone is anxious to apply the new FOT48 template to the forum before the official site re-launch, feel free to change the Board Style from “subSilver” to “fot48” in your profile. It’ll probably be good to test it live to see if it renders okay for everybody.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • The topic ‘Site Redesign/Registration forms’ is closed to new replies.