Forums 2004 FOT48 Information Archive 2004 Planning Meeting Planning Meeting Registrations now open!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
      #46834 |

Registrationsare now open for the FOT48 Planning Meeting.

Date: Saturday, June 26

Some people will be heading up Friday morning and can reserve sites. Others are coming up Friday night and camping all weekend. Some are coming just for the meeting on Saturday.

Please fill out the informal registration. We just want to get an idea of who to expect.

Post questions and discussion here as well!

Stephen

Register
      View List

MtnMagic

Will be there early Friday morning to reserve a site or 2 (depending on the results of the poll) for others that are coming up Friday or Saturday. Willing to share the site with others having small tents.

In the poll it should have read that I’m willing to share a site(s).

MichaelJ

Something’s not quite right – viewing the list, SilentCal appears offset by a column compared to everyone else.

And in actuality, I’m willing to share or have my own site. It’s just that I’ll have my slightly larger car-camping tent instead of the little backpacking one, and so will need a little more space…

SilentCal

Geez Cathie always did say I was a little off kilter….. 🙄

I have a small backpacking tent and won’t take up too much space. I don’t mind sharing a site at all. I’ll go early friday morning and grab some sites and will leave a message at the kiosk if need be.

Stephen

@MichaelJ wrote:

Something’s not quite right – viewing the list, SilentCal appears offset by a column compared to everyone else.

Odd indeed. There appears to be an extra tab in there somewhere.

Oh, well. since Greg is on vaca this week, it’ll have to stay like that for a little while. Unless he’s loggin in remotely… but I know I wouldn’t be if I were him! 8)

-T

SilentCal

I need to add two people to my list. They will also be hiking the Hancocks with us. They hiked Carrigain last year with us and were interested in helping us out this year.

milesmountain

What time is the meeting scheduled for on Saturday, June 26?

Stephen

@milesmountain wrote:

What time is the meeting scheduled for on Saturday, June 26?

Hi Miles. I’m actually in Nashua right now posting this from my parent’s house… off exit 7E.

(For those who don’t know, living in Nashua is like living in New Jersey… what exit? ButI digress…)

The agenda hasn’t been set, but I think it’s generally planned as an all-day discussion, with breaks for food and drink, perhaps more of the latter at times.

I’ll start a new thread soon to layout a more specific agenda.

Stephen

milesmountain

Stephen,
                      Thanks for the reply!

The reason I asked for the time was because my friend Jeff and I are planning on hiking Isolation that day and wanted to be able to stop by Hancock Campground to pick up on any new information for this years Flags on the 48. We had a great time on Carter Dome last year and are looking forward to this year’s event!

And just to clarify my Nashuan New Jersian location, I’m just off exit 5W in Nashua. :flag:

-Rob

SilentCal

I’m sure later in the night we’ll all be by the campfire swapping stories and ideas still. I’m planning on bringing my grill and some burgers and dogs to enjoy. Some other flagbearers have asked me to keep notes and I’ll be happy to share. Looks like we’ll get a good turnout :flag: :flag: :flag:

NH_Mtn_Hiker

I had originally planned to bring a couple of people, but I can’t reach them. Now I’m registered twice, woops.

MichaelJ

Please drop me to 1 attendee (myself).
                            I’m still bringing my fairly large (4) tent, though – when I car-camp, comfort is important!
                            😀

Chris

I’d like to attend, but with baby and difficult job, I may not be able to. I’ll wait on submitting my registration until I know more. So count me in as a definite maybe…

Oh yeah, and as a native New Jerseyan, we don’t use that silly “What exit?” phrase! That’s a New England invention. Even if we did, no one would know if you mean off the parkway or the turnpike. (We won’t mention why it was necessary to have both in one state)

🙂

Stephen

You know you’re from NOO JOISEY if:

1. You’ve been seriously injured at Action Park.
                                2. You don’t think of citrus when people mention “The Oranges”.
                                3. You know that it’s called Great Adventure, not Six Flags.
                                4. You’ve ordered a hard roll with butter for breakfast.
                                5. You’ve known the way to Seaside Heights since you were seven.
                                6. You’ve eaten at a diner, when you were stoned or drunk, at 3 a.m.
                                7. You remember that the “Two Guys” were from Harrison.
                                8. You know that the state isn’t one big oil refinery.
                                9. At least three people in your family still love Bruce Springsteen
                                and you know what town Jon Bon Jovi is from.
                                10. You know what a “jug handle” is.
                                11. You know that a WaWa is a convenience store.
                                12. You know that the state isn’t all farmland.
                                13. You know that there are no “beaches” in New Jersey – there’s “The
                                Shore”, and you know that the road to the shore is “The Parkway”, not
                                he “Garden State Highway”.
                                14. You know that “Piney” isn’t referring to a tree.
                                15. Even your school cafeteria made good Italian subs. And you call it
                                a “Sub” not a “submarine sandwich” or worse yet, a “hoagie” or a “hero”.
                                16. You remember the song from the Palisades Park commercials.
                                17. You know how to properly negotiate a Circle.
                                18. You knew that the last question had to do with driving.
                                19. You know that this is the only “New…” state that doesn’t require
                                “New” to identify it (like, try…Mexico, …York, …Hampshire –
                                doesn’t work, does it?)
                                20. You only go to New York City for day trips, and you only call it
                                “The City”.
                                21. You know that a “White Castle” is the name of BOTH a fast food chain
                                AND a fast food sandwich.
                                22. You consider a corned beef sandwich with lettuce and mayo a
                                sacrilege.
                                23. In the 80’s, you wore your hair REALLY high.
                                24. You don’t think “What exit” is very funny.
                                25. You know that the first “strip shopping center” in the country is Route.
                                26. You know that people from 609 area code are “a little different”.
                                27. You know that no respectable New Jerseyan goes to Princeton – that’s
                                for out-of-staters.
                                28. The Jets-Giants game has started fights at your school or local bar.
                                29. You live within 20 minutes of at least three different malls.
                                30. You can see the Manhattan skyline from some part of your town.
                                31. You refer to all highways and interstates by their numbers.
                                32. Every year, you had a least one kid in your class named Tony.
                                33. You know where every “clip” shown in the Sopranos opening credits is.
                                34. You’ve gotten on the wrong highway trying to get out of the Willowbrook
                                Mall.
                                35. You’ve been to at least one mall in Paramus.
                                36. You know that people from North Jersey go to Seaside Heights, and
                                people from South Jersey go to Wildwood. It can’t be the other way around.
                                37. You were not raised in New Jersey. You were raised in either North
                                Jersey, Central Jersey or South Jersey.
                                38. You don’t consider Newark or Camden to actually be part of the state.
                                39. You remember the stores Korvette’s, Rickel’s, Channel, Bamburger’s
                                and Orbach’s.
                                40. You’ve eaten a Boardwalk cheesteak with vinegar fries.
                                41. You start planning for Memorial Day weekend in February. Andfinally…
                                42. You’ve never pumped your own gas.

And a couple of my own:
                                43. You know that the only people who say “joisey” are from New York.
                                44. It’s “rowt 22” not “root 22”
                                45. You know that Acme is a grocery store, not just the place where theWile E Coyote ordered his gadgets from.
                                46. Instead of Market Basket and Shaw’s, you had PathMark and ShopRite
                                47. You know what a Tastykake is.

Chris

Damn! I have to answer yes to WAAAAAY too many of those…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • The topic ‘Planning Meeting Registrations now open!’ is closed to new replies.