Forums Flags on the 48 Information General Discussion Perfect weather for 9/11

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
      #46897 |

From Farmer’s Almanac
      August 2004
      1st-3rd. Heavy rainfall. 4th-7th. Partial clearing; cooler. 8th-11th. Hazy sun; muggier. 12th-15th. Increasingly cloudy skies. 16th-19th. Rain moves in from West; possibly heavy. 20th-23rd. A brief respite from wet weather, then more heavy rain. 24th-27th. Heavy rainfall gradually gives way to cooler, drier air. 28th-31st. Rainy/thundery conditions, then a surge of unseasonably chilly air.
      September 2004
      1st-3rd. Record low temperatures but fair skies. 4th-7th. Clearing, unseasonably chilly air, after rain and showers. 8th-11th. Continued unseasonably chilly, dry. 12th-15th. Lots of cloudiness.16th-19th. Showers move in. 20th-23rd. More light showers. 24th-27th. Variably cloudy skies, widely scattered showers. 28th-30th. Increasingly cloudy.

MichaelJ
      Participant

Well, has it been right for August 1st – 19th so far?

SilentCal

I wonder if the long range forecasts were going to call for a not very warm summer. I can’t remember the last time that the temperatures stayed fairly mild for most of the summer. I’ll be happy with even a cloudy day as long as it does not pour. Hiking above treeline in the driving rain is never fun.

dirt_girl

Weather: Twin mountain area for 9/11/04 :flag:
            😕 National Weather Service is calling for Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 60s with a 30% chance of showers on Saturday 9/11.
            🙂 Weather.com is calling for Partly Cloudy 66°/48° 20% chance of showers on Saturday 9/11
            😀 From Farmer’s Almanac September 8th-11th. Continued unseasonably chilly, dry. 12th-15th. Lots of cloudiness.

I’m hiking rain or shine on 9/11. Rain gear is always on the list of things to bring… adding tarps for this trip… 💡

dirt_girl

rbhayes

Looks like the forecast is improving!

Intellicast:
              Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 50s.

Weather.com
              Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 50s.

SilentCal

At Lakes of the Clouds this morning the saturday forecast was Mostly Sunny with highs in the 60’s. The eight-ball confirms this…. Just wish I could have a faster terminal….

rbhayes

SilentCal is dedicated – on vacation and still updating us! 😆 What are you using to access the web form the huts?

SilentCal

I wish I could say I have a satalite uplink that I’ve been beaming from my laptop from the huts but we escaped from Lakes of the clouds early Wednesday before the heavy rain hit. I’m just at the local library on a rainy vacation day. I’ll take a rainy vacation day anytime just so that flags day will be crystal clear. Beware of the stream crossings!!!! Some of them could be mind boggling!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.