Forums 2007 Flags on the 48 2007 Trip Reports North Twin

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
      #47608 |

What an experience for team Fidelity. It started out with the four of us Craig Ewing (USA), Gar Morley (IRE), Peter Hanley (IRE) and myself getting a late start breaking camp. We managed to finally find the road and we got a bit of a late start up the mountain.

The guys in my group all were hiking their first 4000 footer, it was my 14th. All of us our first Flags on the 48 event. Crossing the river 3 times was a bit tricky and the 1.5 miles in and only 400-500 feet of climb tricked us into thinking it was going to be easy. Then the real climb started. We had multiple groups pass us by but we hung on and made it to the peak by 12:30.

We decided to fly the flags from the lookout as the poles we had were just too small for anyone to see by the marker. We could see those crazy MIT kids on South Twin and we could faintly see a flag on Garfield as well. It was a inspiring climb and experience and I look forward to doing it again with a larger crew next year. I’m sending the website, story and pictures to as many blogs and news agencies as posible to get this event as much recognition as it deserves.

Our thoughts and prayers go to those families, friends and loved ones all over the globe who lost someone that fateful day. 82 countries lost citizens and we should try to make this as much of a multinational event as we can next year.

David Chasse
      2007 North Twin

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • The forum ‘2007 Trip Reports’ is closed to new topics and replies.