Forums 2007 Flags on the 48 2007 Trips & Routes North and South Hancock ’07 Trip Plan – Harborlight School

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
      #47570 |

Hello All,

The Harborlight School in Beverly, MA will be flying two flags up North and South Hancock this year. It will be our first year of participating, although my son Andrew and I learned of this event last year when we hiked Mt. Willey and spoke with some FOT48 participants.

Our route is as follows:

Group 1 will leave the Kancamangus Highway parking area, hike the Hancock Notch Trail to the Cedar Brook Trail to the Hancock Loop Trail. This group will hike up and over North Hancock and on to raise their flag on South Hancock.

Group 2 will leave the same Kanc parking area, hike the Hancock Notch Trail to the Cedar Brook Trail to the Hancock Loop Trail. This group will hike up North Hancock and raise their flag there.

On the way down, Group 1 will continue and complete the Hancock Loop Trail, while Group 2 will return the same way they came. Both groups will follow the Cedar Brook Trail to the Hancock Notch Trail and out.

That’s it. Thanks a lot,
      Tim C.
      Harborlight Science :flag:

Chris

@The Science Teacher wrote:

…It will be our first year of participating, although my son Andrew and I learned of this event last year when we hiked Mt. Willey and spoke with some FOT48 participants…

That was my group, and I believe I remember talking with you!

Thanks for posting your route, we’ll see you next week.

SilentCal

Welcome Science Teacher!

Glad to have you aboard! Thanks for grabbing two peaks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘2007 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.