Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
      #46771 |

http://www4.fosters.com/News2003/August2003/August_31/News/su_0831h.asp

The good news…
      This article appeared in Foster’s Sunday Citizen, which covers Seacoast and Lakes NH.

The bad news…
      It made it sound like I organized this when I repeated (often) that I was one of the organizers…
      EDIT: After consideration, I’ve realized that IN the article it’s clear that I’m part of an organizing team. It was just the title that weirded me out a little, but it’s all good.

The REALLY bad news…
      They butchered the website address, nearly negating the draw-value of the article. I’m in the process of contacting the reporter to see if they’ll put the proper address on the website, even though there’s nothing to do about the print edition.

-T

RichC

Stephen, the good news is also that it was a very good article. It’s a shame about the alphazone mistake. Will they print a misprint statement for the next edition?

Greg

Well, at least the name of the event was correct. Hopefully interested folks will do a Google search for that when the alphazone URL fails…

It is a good article!

MtnMagic

It is a spectacular artcle! We’re gaining!

Greg, The8re, et al:
            Great Press — Great Job!!

SilentCal

It really is excellent overview of the the event and would have hit a home run if the web site name had not be screwed up. You did a great job The8re!

Stephen

I’ve also contacted alphazone.com in the hopes they would consider forwarding the URL for us. It’s a longshot, but, since we’re legit, they might do it. Here’s hoping…

-T

Greg

@the8re wrote:

I’ve also contacted alphazone.com in the hopes they would consider forwarding the URL for us. It’s a longshot, but, since we’re legit, they might do it. Here’s hoping…

-T

That really is a great idea. I bet there’s a good chance they’ll do the redirect…

Greg

@the8re wrote:

EDIT: After consideration, I’ve realized that IN the article it’s clear that I’m part of an organizing team. It was just the title that weirded me out a little, but it’s all good.

Don’t worry about it. That was the writer’s way of including a local hook.

You have been an integral part of the event this year!

Frodo

Great Job Stephen! The story covered it all. Don’t worry about the URL error, if someone just types in “Flags on the 48” in most search engines, they will see the correct link.

As for other events. Last year there was “Cops on Top” who were a group of law enforcement people associated with the Highpointers Club. They climbed on all of the state highpoints on (9-11-2002).

Also want to say thanks for stepping up and helping us out this year. You have been a tremendous help 🙂

Only 11 more days to go…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • The topic ‘Newspaper Article’ is closed to new replies.