Forums 2004 FOT48 Information Archive 2004 Summit Reports Mt. Monroe/Washington

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
      #46929 |

SherpaK and I will first tag Mt. Monroe, where weather and legs permitting I’ll tag my 48th 4Ks, then heading to Mt. Washington to fly the colors. Washington is the first 4K I notched off, so it has some sentimental value to me. We have a giant stadium-sized flag! :flag:

Stephen

You are going to have company. I understand Cops at the Top are going to have a crew planting a flag on Washington as well.

http://www.copsontop.com/

Alpinista

Stephen …

Any idea if the Cops on Top plan to actually “adopt” Washington, bringing a flag and the whole works to the summit?

I have emails into the group to try to find out, but if you know, could you post the answer. If they are, we’d be interested/willing to hang with SilentCal and the gang on Monroe.

Stephen

I would recommend sitll going over to Washington to ensure coverage. I’ll PM the email I have to you in case you want to talk with the group that’s hiking to confirm.

-Stephen

Anonymous

Looks like we will be a “traveling circus” on Saturday. Russ Halpern-Reiss of the Green Mtn Boys will be covering Washington as part of the CopsOnTop.com group, so we’ve opted to do a hike across Monroe, Ike and foot willing, Pierce and Jackson. Plan is to meet up with silentcal’s group for the flag raising, then head off down Crawford Path. Lisa, me and our Florida Flatlander “FantasmaGris” will be taking lots of pics along the way and will send them in for the gallery.

While I wish we were covering a peak, I look forward to meeting many along the road and will be remembering the real reason that we are here on this day.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘2004 Summit Reports’ is closed to new topics and replies.