Forums 2014 Flags on the 48 2014 Trips & Routes Mt Monroe Plan.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
      #48274 |

Please see “Team Monroe” for Peak coordinator, Brenda Vails plans for the memorial climb.
      I was unable to delete this post, once a reply was made.
      Below, is only my own personal route, and not that of the group. Thanks, Shawn D.

I plan to drive up from Medford Ma. After work Friday 9/12, and overnight at the Ammonoosuc Ravine trailhead parking lot near Marshfield Station in my camper cap, (grey F150) WMNF parking pass is required. I Plan to Cook up a sunrise breakfast of scrambled eggs with bacon, granola, coffee, juice, ect. anyone interested in an early start, followed by a slow and steady climb with leisure stops at Gem Pool and a hikers BS session at Lakes of the Clouds, I welcome the company. I did Monroe in 2011, it’s an awesome peak, book time is about 3 hours, and that’s about my speed. I plan to return out Edmands Path, also about 3 hours, but less steep, and I will hitch or bike back to my truck. Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail is steep, a great climb, but not a fun decent.. IMO. Plus, the extended loop takes us out by Eisenhower. A long day, but a really nice hike with lots of open ridge hiking between the peaks, I loved it, and that’s why I am on this one again.. I’ll be there. If anyone is interested in car spotting, breakfast, and joining me on the loop hike out, IM me. Shawn D, Zealand 2009, South Twin 2010, Monroe 2011, Whiteface 2012, (absent 2013) Monroe again in 2014… Nice! FULL! :flag: Please note that the above plan, is only my own, and I am not the coordinator for this event, but welcome anyone who wants to join me. Thanks, Shawn D.

vail13

Hey Shawn, Sorry I have not posted earlier. I usual do this event with a meet group. I am using my fathers flag as I have done for the past two years. We have the pole kit and the Flag is 4×8. It would be awesome if you would like to bring your Flags also. We are planning to use Ammo that day. I am posting route for everyone. If you like to join us that would be great.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘2014 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.