Forums 2014 Flags on the 48 2014 Trip Reports Mt Lincoln Mission Accomplished

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
      #48326 |

:flag: US Flag flew proudly on Mt Lincoln :flag:

Arrived at the trailhead early where I met a well prepared and very capable team. Members of the NH Air National guard headed up the trail along with family and friends plus hotdonna and myself. With the Flag and rigging accounted for I offered to sweep and make sure all made it to the top. Our group ranging in age from tough 8 year old Matthiew to this grizzled old hiker enjoyed a leisurely hike to the ridge where we were treated to splendid views into the Pemigawasset Wilderness and the ranges beyond under high clouds. Winds on the ridge were most inhospitable so we layered up and headed across. By the time we reached the summit clouds had enveloped our world. We hunkered down behind a small rock outcropping which offered meager shelter from the wind. After a quick snack the team set to assembling an impressive rig. The Flag went up shortly before noon. Visibility was not more than 100 yards during our time there.
      I found out later that there were four rescues on the OBP-Falling Waters loop that day. I missed the rescue crew as they arrived minutes after I reached the bottom and departed.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • The forum ‘2014 Trip Reports’ is closed to new topics and replies.