Forums 2014 Flags on the 48 2014 Trips & Routes Mt. Isolation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
      #48298 |

Hey gang, my name is Mike and it looks like I am the trip coordinator for Mt. Isolation. Looking for input on everyone’s hiking levels, route preferences, and if you have participated in the event before.

Joe, DJ, and I were initially thinking of doing an overnight but understand that everyone might not be up for that – this is our first year doing the event and we are open to everyone’s input.

As far as routes I was thinking we could do Glen Boulder in and Rocky Branch out or Glen Boulder in and Davis Path out. I know the Davis Path option would be longer but I think the views and not having to walk through mud for a few hours might be worth it (trip reports indicate Rocky Branch is always pretty wet).

Please let me know your thoughts. If you would like to email me I can be reached via mikeymace@hotmail.com or 603.731.7326. Once I get everyone’s email address we can start a chain/thread if that makes it easier.

Very much looking forward to this, lets have some fun :flag:

Workerman

Thanks Mike,

My name is Andrew, and am planning on helping raise a flag on Isolation. I’ve hiked 35 of the peaks so far, and thought this event would be a great excuse to climb this one. I have not participated in one of these before. Do we need to find a flag or does someone have one already? I also was interested in hiking the Davis Path on the way out, but recognize that it would add a lot more mileage. Heard there’s some camping around Stairs Mountain or something. Anyway, I’m looking forward to it no matter how it turns out. I can be reached at aknight71@gmail.com, cell#781-964-6524.

Mike Maciel

Finalized plan is to meet at the Glen Boulder trailhead between 530 and 545am on Saturday morning. If weather and legs are participating we will hike in via Glen Boulder and continue out on Davis Path (a car spot will be taken care of). All are welcome to join in a post hike feast at a location TBD depending what time we finish up. DJ is working on the flag setup, I will bring a filter in case we need extra water on the way out, and headlamps/flashlights/etc should definitely be in the bag for this one. Hope to hear from you Deb Callahan (my email and phone# is in the original post)!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘2014 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.