Forums 2014 Flags on the 48 2014 Trips & Routes Mount Hancock

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
      #48305 |

Thanks to all that signed up for Hancock this year. I have spoken with several people on the team and they all want to summit South Hancock too. So we plan to do the loop trail (counter clockwise) and summit South Hancock first via the South Link of the loop trail and then take the north link of the Hancock Loop trail over to Hancock to erect the flag. Due to the longer first leg of the loop we plan to meet at the Hancock Overlook off the Kancamagus Highway (near the hairpin turn) just above the trailhead between 7-7:30AM. I will have a flag, flag pole and rigging materials that we can divvy up before we start. The plan is to complete the loop by hiking out via the North Link back to the parking area.

We lost a couple members of our group due to injury so if any of you know any willing recruits please bring them along. Also, feel free to let me know if any of those signed up have any different ideas or plans so that we can work together to coordinate on this effort. I look forward to a great hike!

Dave P

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • The forum ‘2014 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.