Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
      #47095 |

:flag: Flag team for Mt. Moriah will be myself, Trekman, Fiddlehead, DL, Clint, and anyone who wishes to join. It would be great to have a large team for the trip so if you’re interested please sign up for the peak! Summit approach will be via Stony Brook trail or Carter-Moriah trail. Anyone wishing to join our team who has climbed Moriah before would certainly be welcomed, and any thoughts on trail approaches would be appreciated. We will be carrying a 6×10 flag and already have a successful flagpole from last year’s Wildcat D trip. Anyone wishing to join please sign up or send me an email. I look forward to seeing everyone before/during/after the event.
      :beer:

Christian “Dirt” Merchant

Fiddlehead

Dirt,
        Looking forward to hiking Moriah with you!
        Fiddlehead

Dirt

Looks like Stony Brook Trail will be the route used to avoid having to drive further north from dolly copp where some of us will be staying that weekend. I’ve been warned of numerous false summits on this trail though (thanks silentcal) but it should be a good hike. Still some spots left for the team!

Dirt

TrekMan

We do have the opportunity though to do a loop that does not repeat. The Moriah Team already has 3 cars committed to being in the area. We will look at all angles. More room on the team – hike with us!
            :flag:

MichaelJ

If you’ve got the cars, leave some at the northern end of the Carter-Moriah Trail. Going up Stony Brook is a fine route, then continue north to come down over Mt. Surprise. That makes for a really nice overall trip.

Dirt

That does sound like a good route after looking at the map and reading up on the trails. We’ll probably end up doing a loop of some sort, we’ll just have to take a vote on it.

TrekMan

The Moriah Team has a plan to be at Stoney Brook Trailhead at 0700 to start out. With almost 3500 vertical, we want some breathing room. We will have a car planted at the end of Carter Moriah on Bangor Road where we hope to arrive by about 5:00 p.m. We are staying at Dolly Copp, campsite #77 if anyone is around and wants to stop by. Looks like great weather is on the horizon – be well all! :flag:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • The forum ‘2005 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.