Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
      #47961 |

Route: Out & back via Ammonoosuc Ravine

Meeting time and group gear to be determined.

Feel free to post here or contact me via PM with questions/ideas/suggestions

MichaelJ

Note: Lakes of the Clouds season ends 9/10, the hut might not be open to the public or have water available the day of Flags.

nopepr

The Hut should have water available, I’m staying in it the night of the 10th and they will be spending most of that day getting it ready for the late season. What I can do is bring a bunch of empty milk or water jugs and fill em up for you guys for when you get there if that works.

nopepr

They are planning on coming up that same trail. One in our group is not coming and I’m going to be at Lake of the clouds hut on the 10th. Normally I carry a extending paint pole and a flag. I’d be happy to fly other colors, a gatsen or MIA flag if anyone has one. In addition to what you folks are bringing.

mtnpa

Thanks for your generous offer nopepr!
              We are currently working out Flag situation.
              With everyone pitching in with group gear I should have room in my pack to bring coffee and goodies.

nopepr

Let me know. I’m notifying Shawn to chime in here so he can coordinate meeting up with you all in the AM.

Shawn D

Shawns, Jr. & Sr. are on board…
                  I just checked in on the AMC White Mt. Guide Online, Trail Reports, and as of today, Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail notes: “there are a few blow downs, and some water crossings, but trail is passable” with a book time of 3 hrs and 4 minutes from trailhead to Mt. Monroe. We plan to start up at about 7:30 = 8:00 am, just to get rolling, and meet nopepr at the LofC Hut. I am confident that most blowdowns will be cleared by 9/11. If the coordinator (mtnpa) needs any help with Sherpa duties, or anything, please let me know.
                  Thanks, see ya at the peak! :flag:

2009 Zealand
                  2010 South Twin
                  2011 Monroe

mtnpa

I plan to head up the trail with MtnMama around 7.
                    Still awaiting confirmation on who’s bringing Flag/poles/rope, etc. I have a small Flag with a painters pole if needed.
                    We can meet up at the hut between 10:30 and 11:00. That gives us plenty of time to get all set up by noon. :flag:

mtnpa

Flag and rig all set. Could use extra rope…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • The forum ‘2011 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.