Forums Flags on the 48 Information General Discussion Miles traveled to the event

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

@dirt_girl wrote:

Hey Hiker3791! 😀
      If you traveled farther than Ken to hike this event you could claim the title and the free admission to next years event!!! :flag:
      I didn’t know there were more hikers from Central NY.
      Tom Laurie and Ken are the only ones I knew about.

dirt_girl

what free admission – it cost me $20????

MtnMagic

$20 is cheap for two days of camping, free steak, watermelon, sampling beer, excellent fellowship, with lotsa delicious pizza courtesy of periwinkle. Others with a large family paid a heck of a lot more. All for fun and a great cause of course!
        :flag:

ken

@MtnMagic wrote:

free steak,:

i guess i missed the steak…
          anyway – dirt girl did write “free admission to the event”, not the campsite – so i did get that since we did a peak with a “state” parking area at the bottom we didn’t have to pay a USFS fee to park for the event..

MtnMagic

Stephen, Administrator of this website offered us the marinated free steak. It was grilled just to the left of the campfire and enjoyed by all present. Mostly by hikerfast and me! 😉 😀

ken

@MtnMagic wrote:

Stephen, Administrator of this website offered us the marinated free steak. It was grilled just to the left of the campfire and enjoyed by all present. Mostly by hikerfast and me! 😉 😀

oh… i remember steven offering something, but i didn’t hear what it was and i had already had enough to eat so i didn’t ask – that’s why i missed the steak.

MtnMagic

Understood. I hope you tried the superb pizza later that evening that periwinkle donated from her local store, just down from the KOA on the boulevard. Or the slices of watermelon to fill one who burns too many calories while hiking all day!

ken

@MtnMagic wrote:

Understood. I hope you tried the superb pizza later that evening that periwinkle donated from her local store, just down from the KOA on the boulevard. Or the slices of watermelon to fill one who burns too many calories while hiking all day!

yep – i was the only one with a long knife (a fish fillet knife) so i sliced up the whole watermelon (and i scooped out the two end pieces and ate them) – and the pizza was good too…

MtnMagic

@ken wrote:

…and the pizza was good too…

She’s going to like reading that. I can see her smiling from here!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.