Forums Flags on the 48 Information General Discussion Miles traveled to the event

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
      #47457 |

Just for fun… 😀

Tom kindly conceeded Friday night to Ken for most miles traveled to the event. Although I am still confused as to the actual miles traveled? 😮 As of now Ken from Flushing NY has the record for most miles traveled to attend the event!! I did hear rumor that a couple came from mid state NY?

Also the poll shows MA. being the number one state of residency for event hikers :flag:
      NH.second CT.third and NY.a respectable forth.

MtnMagic

Way to go! Ken receives one free ticket to next years event. Hey girl, what about R.I.?!

ken

@dirt_girl wrote:

I did hear rumor that a couple came from mid state NY?

that was tom & laurie…

ken

834 is the grand total round trip odometer reading for me to fly flags – i plotted it on a map program to see what it was for each leg of the trip – to get to woodstock – it was 328 miles (i came the shortest way possible using side roads from vermont, not interstate 93) – – to get from woodstock, NH to the adirondacks, NY on sunday was 179 miles (on monday 9/11 i flew the flag on mount marcy, n.y.) – – and it was 309 miles to get home from the adirondacks… that only equals 816, so the other 18 miles is getting gas & munchies i guess (or the odometer could be off a bit)…

Puck

My son Gorpburp had come in Friday night at 10:30 from Erie PA (eight hours) then he was up at 4:45 for a four hour drive to the trailhead. total travel time for the event…12hours.

to bad it was over in a flash,,,get it flash 😆

chip

@Puck wrote:

…get it… 😆

No.

I did think of ‘burp when mileage was mentioned. We were at about 600 miles R.T.

ken

@Puck wrote:

My son Gorpburp had come in Friday night at 10:30 from Erie PA

did he come all that way just to fly a flag, or is he staying in CT for awhile to visit? @Puck wrote:

a four hour drive to the trailhead.

what trailhead is a “four hour drive” from woodstock????

ken

@chip wrote:

@Puck wrote:

…get it… 😆

@chip wrote:

[No.

i think he means a flash of lightning…

Puck

Chip
                      Flash as in lightning. Ok a bad joke…get the hook.

Ken
                      yes he came in for the event. We drove up from CT Sat am.

All that driving for six hours of hiking. It is the memorial that makes it worth the trip. Ken aren’t you a long distance hiker trying to get 20+ miles per trip? BTW it was great to have met you Sat night. Are you hitting the CT blue trails soon?

ken

why do you ask about the “blue trails”? do you need company?? if so, i would like to do the other 2 someday, i am not in a big hurry since the patches for the other 2 look the same as the Quinnipiac (just a different name on each), but if i have someone else to go with i would do them…

Puck

lets keep the communication lines open…Chip? are you up for a Mohawk hike? 😉 👿

chip

@Puck wrote:

lets keep the communication lines open…Chip? are you up for a Mohawk hike? 😉 👿

just tell me when brother. you bring the holy water and i’ll bring the garlic

hiker3791

There were at least three of us from central NY. Two of us have been here four of the years and one for the last two years. Hopefully we will be there next year. It’s a great event.

chip

That’d be a better measure, like “Total Career Earnings”, total miles traveled for ALL your FOT48’s, cumulative, you know ?

dirt_girl

Hey Hiker3791! 😀
                                  If you traveled farther than Ken to hike this event you could claim the title and the free admission to next years event!!! :flag:
                                  I didn’t know there were more hikers from Central NY.
                                  Tom Laurie and Ken are the only ones I knew about.

dirt_girl

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.