Forums 2007 Flags on the 48 2007 Trip Reports Middle Tripyramid

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
      #47611 |

Me, Shamie, Jme, and Josh had planned to meet at Livermore and to start heading up at 7:30am with Sadie and Kathy starting up at 8:00am. However, we were all a little delayed and the first group of us didn’t start up until just after 8am.

We made good time on the Livermore trail getting to the Scaur Ridge trail in under 1.5hrs. We did pretty well on that trail too. One person in our party was running low on steam as we got to the Pine Bend Brook junction but we were starting to get a little short on time so two of us took off to make sure we’d have our flag up on time.

We saw some college guys on North Tri and talked with them briefly before continuing on and meeting Kathy and Sadie near the summit. They had come up the south slide.

We got the flag raised and the pole guyed out in decent time with everyone helping out. Our pole was about 20′ tall and cleared the treetops. We had a moment of silence after raising Old Glory Unfortunately, due to the clouds, I doubt anyone but the folks that passed by saw our 6’x10′ flag. However, using binoculars, I think I was able to see the flags on Whiteface and Passaconaway. :flag:

We talked to people who passed by about the event and our hiking group and proudly displayed the flag for the full 2hrs. The way down the south slide proved challenging for a couple members of our group but we all made it safely and enjoyed a stop at the Ashland Common Man on our way home.

We were all very glad to have been able to pay tribute to those who lost their lives and the families of the departed as well.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • The forum ‘2007 Trip Reports’ is closed to new topics and replies.