Forums 2014 Flags on the 48 2014 Trips & Routes Middle Tripyramid

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
      #48285 |

I’m open to suggestions as to which route people want to take. This is my sixth year leading the MT crew and so far we’ve gone up Sabbady Brook Trail twice, Pine Bend Brook once, the South Slide once, and Scaur Ridge once.

Cumulus
      2009-2014: Middle Tripyramid

“One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.” – Francis Bellamy

tjsname

Thanks for leading this crew! It’s one of those places that has a lot of options to get to it but none are direct. Sounds like the North Slide is due. 🙂 I’m honestly up for anything, but Sabbaday would be my last choice. The southern end of Livermore Road is easier to get to by about 20-30 minutes for me.

I have a friend leading the North Tri group so we’ll see where he leads them from. We’re trail adopters for the Try Loop, so if there enough people then we might carry some tools to do some work on the southern end of the loop (cleaning water bars mostly).

-T.J.

Cumulus

It looks like we’ll have a big crew this year. (Last year it was just me. Other years I’ve had from one to five people with me.) Five people have signed up, and two have contacted me (and I’m not sure if they’re both among those signed up). One of you said he’s bringing a group of 10, so we’ll have more than enough.

With this many people I don’t want to pick a route which might change at the last minute, which means Sabbady Brook is out, because I wouldn’t want to use that if the brook is high. I also don’t want to bring possible newbies up the North Slide, especially if it’s going to be wet. (Which is unfortunate. This will be my nineth time on the Tripyramids, and I still haven’t been on the North Slide. I almost went last year, but everything was wet and I was worried about missing the time.)

Lets go up the South Slide, and down Scaur Ridge (which we did in 2011). We’ll meet at the Livermore Trailhead at 7:00.

I’ll bring the setup (flag, poles, and rope) I’ve used every year.

Cumulus
          2009-2014: Middle Tripyramid

“One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.” – Francis Bellamy

tjsname

That sounds great – thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘2014 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.