Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
      #47351 |

Hi Team,

We will be parking at the Flume/Whitehouse Trailhead and walking the bike path to the Liberty Springs Trail. We have a flag, we are working on the poles. In past years we were on Monroe 04, Madison 05. We have been silent partners in this wonderful memorial. This year we asked for Liberty to honor your son, Doug DiCenzo. He died in Iraq in May. This is a fitting tribute to him, all the military and the 9-11 victims. Doug loved the whites, it will be an honor to fly his flag on Liberty.

MtnMagic

I may have mentioned this route to you last Fall. If we meet at the Basin parking lot on the northbound side of I-93 we can save about 1.5 mile and a good hour. I know a shortcut extremely well. In fact I hiked Liberty last night with hikerfast. Nice way to watch the sunset!

cathycrane

Thanks for the update Mt. Magic. Your route from the Basin sounds the best. We will plan on meeting there. Details on times will be updated later. Thanks for the help.

Cathy

MtnMagic

Cathy,
            The original peak coordinater for Isolation had to cancel. I volunteered to full the void and the Flag’s crew said yes. For this reason I can’t be with your group, though most definitely will in spirit. Wishing everyone a great time and hope the group will at least stop by the KOA campground and visit, maybe camp too. It’ll be about 7 pm before I arrive. My best to all!
            :beer:

frannyg

Hi, I am not sure if my other reply worked. I am on the Liberty team and now that Mtn Magic can’t go please post the directions from the Basin Parking Lot. We would like to go from there. Frannyg

MtnMagic

I pm’ed you about the bushwhack. Park at the Basin lot on the North bound lane of I-93 walk south down the pave bike path until you reach Liberty Springs Trail on your left (east side). It is still quicker than from the Flume parking lot.

Please stop by the KOA. My ETA is 7:30-8 pm. My best to all!

cathycrane

Mtn Magic,

We will miss you on Liberty. Good of you to take over Isolation Look forward to seeing you at the cookout. Your spirit will be on Liberty with us.

Cathy :flag:

cathycrane

Let’s all Plan to meet at the Basin lot on 8:00. Keep praying for sunshine. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Cathy :flag:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘2006 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.