Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
      #64762 |

2021 Flags on the 48: Mt. Lafayette Plans

We have a sizable group of local church friends (mostly from Granite State Baptist Church in Concord) who are planning to fly a flag for the first time. We are going to have two groups – one which will carry equipment and try to arrive at the summit early to prepare the flagpole apparatus and another which will hike at a more leisurely pace and try to meet the other team on the summit a bit before 12 to participate in the flag raising all together. We will be taking the Greenleaf Trail up and back to the summit to avoid the heaviest of the crowds and make sure we have a parking space. Those with the flag equipment will carpool together and be dropped off at 8:20 at the pull-off where there is a shortcut to the trail for a head start. The rest of the group will start their hike from the Cannon Mountain tramway lot at approximately 8:30.

jmkimball

Hi,

Two friends and I are signed up and on the Lafayette team. We’re not part of your church group so I wanted to make sure we’re in the loop. We’re camping at Lafayette Place Campground the night before so we’ll be ready whenever you guys are. Where should we meet you? It looks like 8:20 is the planned start time. Any additional details you can supply us would be greatly appreciated. This is our 5th year participating in FOT48 so we’re experienced carrying up supplies and setting up. Just let us know what you need!

Thanks, Jen
        (Chris and Emily, too)

Weare Hiker

Hello! Thanks for the reply. Yes, we will be happy to have the experienced help! As I mentioned, this is our first time doing this. Our group that’s going to be carrying the flag assembly is going to be dropped off at the northbound pull-off just before the tramway exit at 8:20, where there is a shortcut to the Greenleaf Trail so we can get a head start and avoid trying to keep a huge group together while we hike. There’s no parking here though. To meet up with us, you could start earlier and go half a mile up the Greenleaf Trail. We should have plenty of people to carry up the flag and pole segments. Let me know what you would like to do!

jmkimball

Just sent you a PM 🙂

SilentCal

Hey guys,

I’m the mt. Cannon peak coordinator. If you guys are coming down the Greenleaf trail, we are going to be holding a cookout at the base of the Kinsman Ridge trail that you guys are more than welcome to attend. We will have Hamburg’s and hot dogs and all you need to bring is your beverages and a camp chair.

Jim

jmkimball

Hi Jim,

We may join you! We’re camping at Lafayette Place so we’ll be around after. Thanks so much for the invite!

-Jen

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.