Forums Flags on the 48 Information General Discussion How far will you travel to hike the 9/11 Memorial Hike

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Absolutely true SherpaJohn. That sure seems to be proving true for the flags event too.
      :flag:

Hey? Isn’t Ken (Cops on Top?) traveling from NY also?
      He may be the only competition, thus far, for Tom and Laurie’s record setting mileage.
      😮

dirt_girl

Humm? I don’t see anyone registered on the survey as being from RI.??
        😕
        JayTrek, care to play along?

dirt_girl

Jaytrek57

I have issues with my current residence.

😮

TrekMan

Dirt and I travel about 220 from north central CT – he is actually in MA but comes for breakfast before leaving town! 😀

Chris

I have some friends I’m trying to get to particpate. They live in Oregon and Washington, so the challenge is on!

dirt_girl

Jay – Issues or no… please enter your state? You are one of maybe three people living in the entire state of RI!
                A zero just looks so pathetic, come on?
                😕 😀
                TrekMan – that must be some kind of breakfast for Dirt to travel to CT for! I don’t think backtracking for breakfast counts as actual miles. However, you travel a respectable distance, grasshoppers.
                😮 😀
                Chris – I think the folks from Oregon and Washington would take the mileage record… the challenge is them getting here!!! The mileage would be as the crows fly, of course?
                😉

MtnMagic

I trust dirt_girl & Chuck will participate over 9/8-10 weekend!?! Looking forward to sharing a few beers and cribbage with ya … and everyone!
                  😀

amberlin

My family is planning on doing the hike this yeear for the first time. I currently live in Boston, MA my Brother lives in NY city and my parents live in NJ. it si about 6 hours from our house to the trail head.

dirt_girl

Hi Amberlin.
                      I hope you cast a vote for each state!?!?
                      😉
                      How very cool that your family is coming together from different places for this 9/11 Memorial hike.
                      Welcome and Thank you for participating!!
                      :flag:
                      Keep poking around the site… there is tons of information to be found and some very wise people to visit with.

dirt_girl

TrekMan

@dirt_girl wrote:

TrekMan – that must be some kind of breakfast for Dirt to travel to CT for! I don’t think backtracking for breakfast counts as actual miles. However, you travel a respectable distance, grasshoppers.
                        😮 😀

D-G … when Dirt and I cook it is always worth a 15-minute drive. Remember that we have bottled a homebrew (Blueberry Flume) and plan to drag the growlers with us to KOA. We will test the batch soon to see how it came out.
                        T-M

MtnMagic

@TrekMan wrote:

… we have bottled a homebrew (Blueberry Flume) and plan to drag the growlers with us to KOA. We will test the batch soon to see how it came out. T-M

I haven’t forgoten yet and am looking forward to the treat!

Breakfast is important. Testing a batch of beer, is way more important. I’m sure you’ll find it most tasty. Need another tester?!
                          🙂

tfr

@dirt_girl wrote:

Hey? Isn’t Ken (Cops on Top?) traveling from NY also? He may be the only competition, thus far, for Tom and Laurie’s record setting mileage.

He lives in Queens and he’s going to Kinsman, so I plugged in Lincoln and got 327 miles!

So, it’s pretty close! I guess we’ll go by our odometers! 😀

Dirt

mtnmagic, we’ll have plenty to “taste-test”. how’s a few gallons sound??? yes i’ll be travelling from springfield area (massachusetts) possibly with a couple coworkers from the same area.

MtnMagic

Very much looking forward to the event and meeting all of you over the weekend. We’ll make new friends and meet old ones.

Cheers to all!
                                :beer:

dirt_girl

Okay, I’m not great at math but even I can figure this one out!
                                  There are over 250 hikers particapating
                                  in this years event and only 20
                                  have responded to the poll ?!?! 😮

What is that… 8 percent!! 😥

dirt_girl

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.