Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

You can get to the Jewell, USFS Hiker Lot (NOT the Cog hiker lot, the Jewell Spur Trail is closed due to a missing bridge) via 302 from Twin Mountain (the west) and Base Station Road.

Tim

SilentCal

As of Wednesday, the Kanc is only open to the Discovery Trailhead from Lincoln. I drove it myself today.

I was not given a timeframe but by the amount of dumptrucks I passed, it might be awhile before things open up.

If you guys want to move to Mt. Clay, the option is there.

MichaelJ

To get to the Cog you must come from the west on Route 302. Note also that Jefferson Notch Road is *not* open as a shortcut from the north.

hikebikeski

Alright guys and gals, im making it official; We are changing our peak from Hancock to Clay. People need to have plans set and ready to go, cant wait any longer to set plans.

PLAN: Mt. Clay via Jewel Trail.

Meeting at USFS Hiker Lot at the end of basestation road next to the Cog Railway at 7:00. Starting up the Jewel trail 7:15 heading towards Clay summit.

BE PREPAIRED FOR PRESIDENTIAL CLIMATE AND CONDITIONS!

See you there. Eric

rocket21

@hikebikeski wrote:

Meeting at USFS Hiker Lot at the end of basestation road next to the Cog Railway at 7:00. Starting up the Jewel trail 7:15 heading towards Clay summit.

To clarify, the hiker lot at the end of Base Station Road, next to the Cog Railway, is owned by the Cog, and a $5 fee is assessed. The Jewell Spur from the Cog Railway is closed due to the damaged footbridge.

The USFS hiker lot ($3 WMNF fee) is located half a mile *before* the Cog Railway, on the right side of the road (sign reads Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail parking). The Jewell Trail from the USFS hiker lot is open and that bridge is intact.

hikebikeski

Final hike plans.

Meeting at 7:00am Sunday at USFS hiker lot ($3 WMNF fee) located a half mile BEFORE the Cog Railway, on the right side of the road (sign reads Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail parking). The Jewell Trail from the USFS hiker lot is open and that bridge is intact.

Starting up the Jewel Trail at 7:15am up to the summit of Mt. Clay.

BE PREPAIRED FOR PRESIDENTIAL CLIMATE AND CONDITIONS!

See you there.
                Eric
                (if you need to reach me after this post you can call or text) 603-five six zero-4780

bikehikeskifish

http://visitnh.gov/travel-info.aspx

and on Facebook

The Kanc is scheduled to be open on 9/11.

Tim

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • The forum ‘2011 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.